Buy any can of Monster Energy from United Petroleum and enter to win a trip to the final round of the Monster Energy Supercross in Las Vegas!
Enter between 30th January, 2013 and 26th February, 2013
2 x Flights, accomadation, transfers to Las Vegas
Monster Energy Supercross Tickets + Afterparty Passes
Monster Energy helmet signed by Chad Reed
5 x Weekly Prizes
Monster Energy helmet signed by Chad Reed
This promotion has ended. No winners announced yet. Check back soon.
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 14 years or over who are available to travel to the Monster Energy Supercross Finals event held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, with flights departing on 30/04/2013 and returning on 06/05/2013.
3. Entrants between the ages of 14 and up to but not including 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, United Petroleum, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences at 9:00am AEDST on 30/01/2013 and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on 26/02/2013 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase any Monster Energy drink from any United Petroleum convenience store in Australia during the Promotional Period.
7. To enter, individuals must then complete one of the following mechanics during the Promotional Period:
a) Website Entry: visit the Monster Energy website at www.monsterenergy.com, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details (including but not limited to their full name, a valid email address, and the last five (5) digits of the barcode from the Monster Energy drink purchased), provide an answer to the question “Why would you like to attend the Monster Energy Supercross Finals in Las Vegas?” in 25 words or less, and submit the fully completed entry form so it is received by 11:59pm AEDSTon 26/02/2013;
b) Facebook Entry: visit the Monster Energy Australia Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/MonsterEnergy (“Facebook Page”), become a fan of the Facebook Page by clicking the ‘Like’ button (if not an existing fan of the Page), follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details (including but not limited to their full name, a valid email address, and the last five (5) digits from the barcode of the Monster Energy drink purchased), provide an answer to the question “Why would you like to attend the Monster Energy Supercross Finals in Las Vegas?” in 25 words or less, and submit the fully completed entry form so it is received by 11:59pm AEDSTon 26/02/2013.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter`s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one entry permitted per Monster Energy drink purchased in accordance with the entry requirements; (b) each entry must be substantially unique; and (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
11. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase as United Petroleum, that a Monster Energy drink was purchased, and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
13. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
14. There will be one (1) prize awarded for the entries received each week of the Promotional Period (“Weekly Prize Pool”), for a total of four (4) Weekly Prize Pools. Entries into each Weekly Prize Pool will open at 12:00am AEDST and close at 11:59pm AEDST on the dates outlined in the table below, with the exception of Weekly Prize Pool 1 where entries will open at 9:00am AEDST on 26/02/2013. Entries in each Weekly Prize Pool will NOT be entered into any subsequent Weekly Prize Pools.
Weekly Prize Pool 1
Weekly Prize Pool 2
Weekly Prize Pool 3
Weekly Prize Pool 4
15. Winners will be notified by telephone and in writing by email.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, in each Weekly Prize Pool will each win a Monster Energy Moto Helmet signed by Chad Reed, valued at AU$2,000 (“Weekly Prize”).
18. At the end of the Promotional Period, the Promoter will judge all Weekly Prize Pool winning entries against each other based on the criteria outlined in clause 13. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, from all Weekly Prize Pool winning entrieswill win a trip for two (2) people to the Monster Energy Supercross Finals in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, valued at up to AU$10,250, depending on point of departure (“Major Prize”). Prize includes:
· five (5) nights twin share accommodation for two (2) people in a 4-star hotel (exact hotel to be determined by the Promoter), with check-in on 01/05/2013 and check-out on 06/05/2013;
· two (2) general admission tickets to the Monster Energy Supercross Finals on 04/05/2013;
· two (2) tickets to the Monster Energy Area at the to the Monster Energy Supercross Finals on 04/05/2013; and
· AU$1,000 spending money for the winner, awarded in the form of a cheque.
Additional spending money, meals, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
19. Major Prize must be taken to coincide with the Monster Energy Supercross Finals event in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA with flights departing on 30/04/2013 and is subject to booking and flight availability. In the event that the winner of the Major Prize cannot take the Major Prize on the dates specified, he/she will forfeit their right to the prize and the prize will be awarded to the valid entry judged to be the next best from the remaining Weekly Prize winners. The Major Prize winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Major Prize. Major Prize is subject to Terms and Conditions of individual prize and service providers. The Major Prize winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. During the entire duration of the Major Prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
20. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize.
21. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner`s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
22. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize), then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
23. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
24. The Monster Energy Supercross Finals ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or his/her companion) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
25. Total prize pool value is up to AU$18,250.
26. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
27. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licences the Promoter to use their entry (including the answer provided to the promotional question) in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
28. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
29. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
30. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional websites are the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
33. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, includingthe Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Monster Energy Supercross Finals event is postponed/cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
34. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and in the case of the Major Prize winner, his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
35. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
36. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php.
37. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
38. The Promoter is Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd (ABN 84 132 571 638) of 3/2 Phillip Court, Port Melbourne, VIC 3207, telephone (03) 9676 9001.