|04-22-2013||Tiny Van Severen||Wetteren|
PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Subject to the provisions of clause 4 below, this promotion (“Promotion") is open to all persons over eighteen (18) years of age and who are resident in Belgium.
2. This Promotion is being organised and operated by Monster Energy Europe Limited of 30 Riverside Way, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2YF (“Monster Energy”).
3. The Promotion is being conducted through the website at www.monsterenergy.com (the “Website) and promoted through the Monster Energy facebook page, twitter and Groezrock’s official newsletter and facebook page.
4. No employee or family member of an employee of Monster Energy or its affiliated companies, subcontractors, agents, assigns or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion is permitted to enter the Promotion.
5. By entering this Promotion pursuant to these Terms, each entrant (“you”, “your”, “entrant”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and by the decision of Monster Energy in relation to all matters relating to the Promotion, whose decision shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. All times and dates set out in these Terms refer to the times and dates in Paris. In the event of any dispute over the time or date of any entry submitted, the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
7. No purchase of any product or other form of payment is required to enter this Promotion.
8. The commencement date of the promotion is 00:00 on 21 March 2013 (“Commencement Date”) and the closing date for the promotion is 23:59 on 15 April 2013 (“Closing Date”).
9. To enter this promotion each entrant must submit their details as directed on the Website and describe in 200 words or less what Monster Energy means to them and why (the “Answer”).
10. Monster Energy reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any entrant details and to disqualify any entrant who Monster Energy believes to have acted in breach of these Terms.
11. A panel of consisting of three (3) Monster Energy representatives and one (1) independent judge (the “Panel”) shall vote for one (1) official winner from Belgium (the “Winner”) three (3) days after the Closing Date based on the entrant whose Answer best meets the selection criteria (“Selection Criteria”). The Selection Criteria shall consist of the following: a) the best understanding of Monster Energy; and b) the most original Answer in terms of original composition, written skill and style.
12. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per person and each entrant shall not submit or attempt to submit more than one (1) entry. Monster Energy reserves the right to refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion who submits or attempts to submit more than one (1) entry.
13. Entries will not be valid where they are made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices. Monster Energy reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to exclude entries it believes have been made using any automated entry techniques.
14. Each Winner shall receive 2 (2) tickets to the 2013 Groezrock festival (“Event”) for two (2) days (being, 27 April and 28 April 2013) held at Meerhout, Belgium (each ticket shall entitle the holder access to all public areas at the Event and a chance to attend a selected meet and greet with a Monster Energy sponsored band at the Event) of approximate value of one hundred Euros (€100) per ticket.
15. Only the Winners and one (1) person chosen by each Winner, (“Elected Persons”) may enjoy the benefits of the Prize. The Elected Persons must be approved by Monster Energy, be over the age of eighteen (18) years and be resident in either Belgium or France (as applicable).
16. Before being declared a Winner, each potential winner may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, a copy of the emailed Notification (as defined below), proof of age, residence and identity, which may include but is not limited to a copy of proof of residence, passport or similar government issued identification before receiving their Prize. Failure to provide Monster Energy with this information within the reasonable timeframe set by Monster Energy may result in the potential winner forfeiting their Prize and Monster Energy drawing another qualifying entry as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
17. For the avoidance of doubt, all other costs associated with the Prize for both the Winners and Elected Persons, including without limitation, tax, insurance, accommodation. transportation, sustenance and any entertainment not specifically included and outlined in the definition of the Prize at paragraph 15 above will be borne solely by the Winners. It is the responsibility of each Winner and each Elected Person to be available for the dates of the Prize and to provide any required documentation and any other legal requirements for the Prize and/or documentation required by Monster Energy.
18. The Winners will be notified telephonically and by email via the telephone number and the email address provided to enter the Promotion within three(3) days of the Closing Date (“Notification”).
19. The date and other details of delivery of the Prize shall be determined by Monster Energy, in its complete discretion, and each Winner shall be informed of the details at Notification.
20. In the event that the Monster Energy cannot contact a potential winner within three (3) days of the Closing Date or a potential winner is unavailable to attend the Event for any reason whatsoever, such entry will be deemed null and void and the Panel shall select another qualifying entry as soon as reasonably possible thereafter based on the Selection Criteria.
21. No entry shall be able to provide alternative contact information to that provided to enter the Promotion for any reason.
22. All entries are deemed to have been received at the time of entry into the Monster Energy’s database and not at the time when the entry is sent to the Website by the entrant.
23. If there is any dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the decision of the Panel shall be final.
24. Entries received after the Closing Date and incomplete or incorrect entries will not be accepted.
25. Submitting the online entry form or any other form of evidence of submitting the online entry form is not proof that your entry has been received. Monster Energy accepts no responsibility for entries that are incorrectly completed, lost, delayed or which are not received for any reason.
26. The Prize is as described and is not transferable, not exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that a potential winner is unable to claim the Prize for any reason whatsoever. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Monster Energy reserves the right to replace the entire Prize or Prize components with prizes of equal or greater value up to a value of one hundred and fifty Euros (€150).
27. The Winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity resulting from the Promotion if requested to do so by Monster Energy and each Winner consents to Monster Energy using their name, photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity relating to the Promotion.
28. The Winner’s name and Answer may be made available on the Website after the Closing Date.
29. The Winner grants to Monster Energy, on a worldwide basis and for the duration of the applicable intellectual property rights, an irrevocable, exclusive, royalty-free license to edit and use, adapt, exploit, or modify, in whole or in part, the Answer, as Monster Energy deems appropriate, including without limitation for promotion and publicity purposes. Monster Energy is entitled to use the Answer in any manner or media, now existing or created in the future, including without limitation, internet (websites, social networks, blogs, mobile applications etc.), magazines (paper and electronic), television, books, and any promotional material.
30. The Winner’s name will be available on written request for two months after the Closing Date for the purposes of verifying the validity of the Promotion.
32. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
33. To the fullest extent permissible by law, neither Monster Energy nor any of its affiliate companies, employees, directors, employees, agents, assigns or sub-contractors accepts any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant accessing the Website, entering the Promotion competition or as a result of accepting any Prize. Proof of sending is not accepted as proof of receipt. Monster Energy is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any delay or failure of any postal or equivalent delivery service, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the entrant´s or any other person´s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion.
34. Events may occur that render the Promotion itself or the awarding of any Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Monster Energy and accordingly Monster Energy may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the Promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Monster Energy as a result thereof.
35. Monster Energy reserves the right to:
35.1. change the format of the Promotion and/or delay or postpone the Promotion or any stage(s), in whole or in part due to reasons beyond its reasonable control, without liability to the entrant;
35.2. refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion or future events organised by Monster Energy;
35.2.1. where Monster Energy reasonably believes that the Prize has been transferred to a third party in whole or in part;
35.2.2. where an entrant has been disqualified from any Monster Energy competition, prize draw, or other promotion within twelve (12) months of the Commencement date;
35.2.3. where Monster Energy reasonably believes such individual has not complied with these Terms; or
35.2.4. where such individual is ineligible to participate in the Promotion (or if participation in the Promotion should have been refused for any reason whatsoever).
36. Save as expressly set out in these Terms, Monster Energy has no liability for any costs or expenses that may be incurred by any entrant. The Winners will be liable for any tax chargeable in relation to their Prize.
37. It is advised that all entrants retain a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
38. The Promotion and these Terms are governed by the law of England and Wales and any disputes (contractual or non-contractual) arising under or in connection with the Promotion or these Terms are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales.