Monster Privacy Notice
In addition to the Privacy Notice (“Global Privacy Notice”), the following terms in this China Addendum (“China Addendum”) apply to Personal Information that is collected and processed by Monster Beverage Corporation and its controlled affiliates (“we”, “us” or “our”). We collect and use Personal Information in compliance with applicable Chinese laws.
This China Addendum supplements the Global Privacy Notice. In case of any inconsistencies between this China Addendum and the Global Privacy Notice, this China Addendum prevails.
For the purpose of this China Addendum, “Personal Information” means any electronic or otherwise recorded information related to identified or identifiable natural persons, excluding anonymized data.
1. Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
Your geo-location data and financial information may be considered sensitive Personal Information under applicable Chinese laws. We process such sensitive Personal Information for the following necessary purposes:
- Financial information: to complete and fulfill your purchase or redemption.
- Geo-location data: to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
We only collect and process your sensitive Personal Information under the circumstances described above and will adopt strict security measures when processing your sensitive Personal Information.
2. Sharing of Your Personal Information with Third Parties
For the purposes described in the Global Privacy Notice, we may share your Personal Information with the following entities:
- To our affiliates for the purposes described in the Global Privacy Notice.
- To our service providers who provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing and auditing services, and other similar services.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, if you have opted in to such sharing.
- To third party sponsors or co-sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions, if you have opted in to such sharing and to the use of your Personal Information for such purposes.
- To your friends associated with your social media account, to other users of the Services and to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity, such as if you connect your social media account to your Services account or log-into your Services account from your social media account. By connecting your Services account and your social media account, you authorize us to share information with your social media account provider, and you understand that the use of the information we share will be governed by the social media site’s privacy notice.
- If it is necessary for us to transfer Personal Information in case of a merger, division, dissolution, declaration of bankruptcy, or other reasons, we will notify you of the name and contact information of the recipient. The recipient shall comply with the Global Privacy Notice and this China Addendum when processing your Personal Information.
3. Cross-border Transfer of Your Personal Information
Monster is a global company, which owns entities in multiple countries and regions. As described above, in order to provide you with Services, fulfill legal obligations or achieve other purposes provided in the “How We Can Use Personal Information” Section in the Global Privacy Notice, we may transfer your Personal Information to our global entities or other third parties outside of China.
You agree that we can transfer your Personal Information overseas in accordance with the purposes as specified in the “How We Can Use Personal Information” Section of the Global Privacy Notice. If applicable Chinese laws require us to provide you with further notice and obtain your separate consent for the cross-border transfer, we will further provide such notice and obtain your separate consent.
We will use lawful cross-border transfer mechanism to transfer your Personal Information overseas and adopt necessary measures to ensure the overseas recipients can provide the same level of protection as required under applicable Chinese laws.
4. Retention of Your Personal Information
We will store your Personal Information for a period as described in the “Retention Period” Section of the Global Privacy Notice. In case a security incident occurs, we will take remediation actions immediately and notify relevant government authorities and affected employees, when required by applicable laws.
5. Children’s Personal Information
We will not offer Services to minors under 14 years old. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor and have any question about matters related to Personal Information of the minor under your guardianship, you may contact us by means provided in this China Addendum.
6. Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information that we collect and process:
- Unless otherwise provided by applicable Chinese laws, you have the right to restrict or object us to process your Personal Information. If you exercise your above right, you may not be able to use certain Services provided by us.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to access and request a copy of your Personal Information that we collect and process.
- If you find that your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request us to correct or supplement.
- Under the following circumstances, if we have not deleted your Personal Information, you have the right to request us to delete your Personal Information:
- The purpose of processing has been achieved, is impossible to be achieved, or it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of processing;
- We cease the provision of Services to you or the retention period for the Personal Information ends;
- You have withdrawn your consent (if consent is the basis for processing);
- We process your Personal Information in violation of applicable Chinese laws or the agreement with you.
- You may also have the right to request us to provide you with means to transfer your Personal Information to a specific entity designated by you, to the extent that your request is allowed under applicable Chinese laws.
If you hope to exercise your rights, please submit your request by sending an email to [email protected] We will respond your request in a timely manner after verifying your identity.
7. Contact Us
Please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this China Addendum.