Buy any 2 x 500ml Monster Energy Cans
Get your scratch card provided at the counter
1 in 6 WINs a Free Monster
submit entries from August 02 2021 to September 27 2021
Monster ‘1 in 6 Wins’ Promotion
Terms and Conditions
Who is running the promotion?
The Promoter of this promotion is Coca-Cola Amatil (N.Z.) Limited, The Oasis, Mt Wellington, Auckland (“CCA”) (Promoter).
Monster Energy Beverages AU Pty Ltd. is not the promoter of the Promotion. The Monster Energy brand names, logos and/or materials are used for the purposes of promotion and/or prize descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd’s sponsorship of this Promotion.
Where will the promotion run?
The Monster 1 in 6 Wins promotion (Promotion) will run in participating Z Energy, BP, Mobil, FIX and Red Circle Retail stores which are displaying the promotional material (Participating Stores) across New Zealand.
When will the promotion start and end?
The Promotion period starts at 12.01am on 02/08/2021 and ends at 11.59pm on 27/09/2021 (the Promotion Period).
Who can enter?
Entry is only open to New Zealand residents who are aged 18 years and over excluding:
(a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, Coca Cola Amatil New Zealand, its related bodies corporate, the Participating Stores and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes);
(b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph (a) above;
(c) persons who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win a competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter (except in the case of a legal change of name); and
(d) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request proof of your eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over your eligibility to enter the Promotion.
The persons referred to in paragraph (b) above include natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
Do I need to buy anything to enter?
Yes. During the Promotion Period, you need to buy, in one transaction, any two (2) x 500ml Monster Energy® drink cans (all variants) (excluding online and vending machine purchases) from a Participating Store during the Promotion Period, while stocks last (Qualifying Purchase).
At the time of making a Qualifying Purchase, you will receive a scratch card from the Participating Store’s cashier (Scratch Card), while stocks last.
Participants win a Prize if their Scratch Card reveals a Prize has been won.
Prizes must be redeemed at Participating Stores during the Promotion Period. Any winning Scratch Cards not redeemed within the Promotion Period will be forfeited.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be 150,000 Scratch Cards distributed nationally with a ratio of 1 in every 6 Scratch Cards per Participating Store being a winning Scratch Card.
Each winner who scratches a WIN message on their Scratch Card is an instant winner.
There is a total of up to 25,000 instant win Prizes available nationally.
Must I keep anything to verify my entry?
You must keep the original itemised purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase.
What can I win?
Each prize is one (1) 500ml Monster Energy drink valued at RRP $3.79 (Prize). Actual shelf price may vary by Participating Store.
To claim your Prize, you must, before the end of the Promotion Period, surrender your winning Scratch Card to staff at a Participating Store to redeem the Prize.
Total prize pool
The total Prize pool is valued at $94,750 (based on RRP).
How many times can I enter?
Multiple entries are permitted during the Promotion Period but only one entry is permitted per Qualifying Purchase, and a limit of 3 Scratch Cards may be claimed per person per day. Each entry must be in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
How and when will the winner be informed?
Winners will be notified in writing on the Scratch Card.
Unclaimed & un-won prize/s
Any un-won or unclaimed prizes remaining at any Participating Store at the end of the Promotion Period will be forfeited.
These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about the Prize/s and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
Buy any two 500mL cans of Monster Energy (all variants) in one transaction from a Participating Store in New Zealand during the Promotion Period to receive your Scratch Card from the cashier, while stocks last.
The Promoter is not responsible, and will not be liable, for any lost Scratch Cards, or any winning entries not redeemed at Participating Stores by the end of the Promotion Period. Your redemption is deemed to be completed only when received by Participating Stores in exchange for the Prize, within the Promotion Period.
In total, there are 25,000 Prizes to be won during the Promotion Period.
Each Prize is one (1) Monster Energy 500ml drink (any variant) (the Prize).
Total estimated Prize Value is $94,750 NZD. The Prize value is based on RRP. RRP may vary by Participating Store.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If for any reason a winner does not redeem a Prize within the Promotion Period, the Prize will be forfeited.
If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter and/or or the Participating Store (as the case may require reserves the right to substitute the Prize, with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
There will be a total of 150,000 Scratch Cards printed and winning Scratch Cards will be distributed at random by the Promoter to Participating Stores. If the number of Qualifying Purchases does not exceed the amount of Scratch Cards per Participating Store, remaining Scratch Cards will be destroyed.
Each Prize must be collected from the Participating Store where the Qualifying Purchase was made. Proof of purchase must be retained and provided to the Participating Store cashier if requested.
If the winner or his/her entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of the winner’s entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require the winner to produce documentation to verify the winner’s age. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
8. You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner towards the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or parties associated with this Promotion;
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this Promotion;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
9. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
10. The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this Promotion is final.
Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. The estimated Prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in value.
12. By participating and while redeeming your Prize, you request that your full name and address not be published.
13. By accepting participating in this Promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
15. If this Promotion in not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorized intervention, tampering, governmental restraint, order or regulation, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Promotion. Any amendment, suspension or cancellation of the Promotion will be notified on the website www.monsterenergy.com.
16.Neither the Promoter nor the Participating Stores takes any responsibility for lost, damaged, altered, defaced or illegible Scratch Cards, or incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information.
17. Bona fide Scratch Cards or unique codes may incorporate security and/or verification measures to guard against fraud. The Promoter may conduct security and/or verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine whether a Scratch Card is bona fide.
18. A Scratch Card is void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way or if it or any part of it fails any of the security or verification checks.
19. The Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, or damage suffered in connection with this Promotion or the Prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
20. The winner has rights under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which cannot be excluded or limited by the Promoter. These rights include statutory guarantees that any goods provided by the Promoter will be of acceptable quality and fit for purpose, and that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill. These Terms and Conditions do not, and do not intend to, exclude or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent that is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, under laws other than the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 regarding the quality or suitability of the Prize awarded as part of this Promotion and will not be responsible for breach of such representations or warranties.
21.The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Promotion using Facebook or Instagram. However, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Where applicable, you provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion.
23. For further assistance or queries regarding this Promotion please call the Consumer Information Centre on (0800) 432 114 or email [email protected] Winning codes or delivery address will not be taken over the phone or via email.