1. Buy Monster
2. Get Your Scratch Card
3. Reveal whether or not you have won an instant FREE Monster!
submit entries from October 01 2021 to December 31 2021
Monster ‘1 in 6 Wins’ Promotion
Terms and Conditions
Who is running the competition?
The Promoter is Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd (ABN 84 132 571 638) of Unit 10c, 2 Daydream St, Warriewood NSW 2102
Where will the competition run?
The Competition will run in participating stores which are displaying the advertising material (Stores) in Australia.
When will the competition start and end?
The competition period starts at 12.01am (AEST) on 01/10/2021 and ends at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 31/12/2021 (the Competition Period).
Who can enter?
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are aged 18 years or over, excluding:
(a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, the participating Stores and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the competition (including suppliers of prizes);
(b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph (a) above;
(c) persons who have won a prize or prizes valued either individually or collectively at more than $5,000 (including GST) in any competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter, within the 12 months prior to the commencement of the Competition Period;
(d) persons who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win a competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter (except in the case of a legal change of name); and
(e) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter.
The persons referred to in paragraph (b) above include natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
Do I need to buy anything to enter?
Yes. During the Competition Period, you need to buy any 1 x 500ml, 1 x 550ml or 1 x 4 Pack Monster Energy product (all variants, excluding online purchases and vending machine purchases) in one transaction (Qualifying Purchase) from a Store and retain your receipt as proof of purchase. You will then be eligible to receive 1 game card per Qualifying Purchase from the Store (subject to stocks remaining in the Store).
Your purchase receipt must clearly identify the Store of purchase, the product purchased (which must be a Qualifying Purchase) and the date of purchase (which must be during the Competition Period before you received the game card).
After you have made a Qualifying Purchase and have received a game card, you must during the Competition Period, scratch the game card to reveal whether or not you have won an instant win prize.
There will be a total of 1,050,000 game cards printed.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
Each Store will receive one (1) or more “kits” (Kits). Each Kit will contain a total of 150 game cards (which includes 25 winning cards).
Each winner who scratches a WIN message on their game card is an instant winner.
There is a total of up to 176,500 instant win prizes available nationally.
What can I win?
Each prize is one (1) 500ml Monster Energy drink valued at $3.70.
To claim your prize, you must, before the end of the Competition Period, present your winning game card and Qualifying Purchase receipt to staff at the Store where you made the Qualifying Purchase and received the game card.
Total prize pool
There will be 25 winning game cards per Kit, as follows:
NO. OF KITS (up to)
TOTAL PRIZE POOL PER STATE/TERRITORY (up to)
For the avoidance of doubt, the total prize pool value in each Kit is $92.50.
How many times can I enter?
You can enter multiple times per day and will receive one game card per Qualifying Purchase. For the avoidance of doubt, you will receive 1 game card for each Qualifying Purchase on a receipt i.e. if you purchase 5 Qualifying Purchases in 1 transaction, you will receive 5 game cards. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
How and when will the winner be informed?
Winners will be notified in writing on the game card.
Must I keep anything to verify my entry?
You must keep the original itemised purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase and the winning game card. If you don't produce the proof of purchase for all entries when asked the Promoter may disqualify all of your entries and you will lose any right to a prize. If, in the Promoter's opinion, you have shared any receipt(s) with another person, your entries will be invalid and you will lose any right to a prize.
Unclaimed & un-won prize/s
Any un-won or unclaimed prizes remaining at any Store at the end of the Competition Period will be forfeited.
Authorised under NSW Authority Number: TP/00151 and SA Licence No. T21/994
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. Your entry must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. If you return a Qualifying Purchase your entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter's discretion (unless product is defective). If you enter using multiple aliases you may be disqualified.
3. Prize/s and all elements of prizes must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable.
4. The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share the prize.
If you are a winner, you must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You consent to the Promoter using your name and image in any promotional or advertising activity.
6. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, your entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
7. You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
8. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
9. The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
10. Printing and other quality control errors outside the Promoter’s control will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Every instant win prize claim in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured, unless the claim is rejected due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions.
11. The prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
12. If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
14. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
15. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
16. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of or damage to prizes or for any damage that occurs to prizes if displayed at the Store.
17. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook or Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.