Win a gaming keyboard, mouse and a Monster Energy cooler!
submit entries from October 01 2021 to December 31 2021
LONG FORM PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Promotion is being organised and operated by Monster Energy Europe Limited of Unit 51 Metropolitan Park, Bristol Road, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 8UP, UK (“Monster Energy”).
2. The Promotion is open to all persons over eighteen (18) years of age and who are resident in Austria. No employee or family member of an employee of Monster Energy or its affiliated companies, subcontractors, agents or assigns or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion is permitted to enter the Promotion.
3. The Promotion is being conducted through the website at www.monsterenergy.com/apexlegends_at (the “Website”) and promoted through promotional material within selected participating locations in Austria.
4. By entering the Promotion pursuant to these Terms, each entrant (“you”, “your”, “entrant”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and by the decision(s) of Monster Energy, whose decision shall be final, in relation to all matters relating to the Promotion. No further correspondence will be entered into by Monster Energy.
5. All times and dates set out in these Terms refer to the times and dates in Austria. In the event of any dispute over the time or date of any entry submitted the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
6. No purchase of any product is required to enter the Promotion.
7. The commencement date of the Promotion is 00:01 on 01.10.2021 (“Commencement Date”) and the closing date for the Promotion is 23:59 on 31.12.2021 (“Closing Date”).
8. Entrants may enter the Promotion by:
a. acting in accordance with these Terms;
b. submitting their details as directed on the Website (being full name, residential address, date of birth, phone number and email address); and
c. answering the following question (in 30 words or less): “Who is your favourite Apex Legends character and why?” (“Answer”).
Prize & Requirements
9. Each entrant that validly submits their entry as set out above (each a “Valid Entry”) shall be entered into a pool of entries with every other Valid Entry.
10. A panel consisting of two (2) Monster Energy representatives and one (1) independent judge (which makes up the “Panel”) will collaborate and within three (3) days of the Closing Date choose: ten (10) official main winners (the “Main Winners”) of the Main Prize (as defined below) whose Answers demonstrate the most creative and original response, ingenuity, the best understanding of Apex Legends and Monster Energy®, and best use of vocabulary and writing style (“Selection Criteria”); (ii) ten (10) first runners-up (the “First Runners-up”) of the First Runners-up Prize (as defined below) whose Answers next best meet the Selection Criteria; and (iii) fifteen (15) second runners-up (the “Second Runners-up”) of the Second Runners-up Prize (as defined below) whose Answer next best meets the Selection Criteria. The Main Winners, the First Runners-up and the Second Runners-up shall together be defined as the “Winners”, and each a “Winner”. The Panel shall ensure that the entries are valid in accordance with these Terms, judge the Valid Entries on the Selection Criteria, and assign the Prizes to the Winners (the “Selection Process”).
11. The Main Winners shall each win one (1) Monster Energy® branded PC gaming kit consisting of one (1) keyboard and one (1) mouse, the exact brand, model and/or design of each item to be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion (“Main Prize”).
12. The First Runners-up shall each win one (1) Monster Energy® branded cooler, the exact brand, model and/or design to be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion (“First Runners-up Prize”).
13. The Second Runners-up shall each win one (1) pair of headphones, the exact brand, model and/or design to be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion (“Second Runners-up Prize”).
14. The Main Prize, First Runners-up Prize and Second Runners-up Prize shall together be referred to as the “Prizes” and each a “Prize”.
15. Before being declared a Winner and receiving their Prize, a potential Winner may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence, identity, which may include but is not limited to a copy of proof of residence, passport and/or similar government issued identification. Failure to provide Monster Energy with this information within the reasonable timeframe set by Monster Energy may result in a Winner forfeiting their Prize and Monster Energy selecting another Valid Entry as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, all other costs associated with each Prize not specifically included and outlined in the definitions of the Prizes above will be borne solely by each Winner.
17. It is the responsibility of each Winner to provide any required documentation and any other legal requirements for the Prize and/or documentation required by law and/or Monster Energy.
Notification and Prize Delivery
18. Each Winner will be notified by email and/or by telephone via the email address and/or telephone number provided to enter the Promotion within seven (7) days of the Selection Process (“Notification”). Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
19. The delivery details of the Prizes shall be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion. Details of delivery of the Prizes (including but not limited to the time, date and location of delivery) shall be provided to each Winner at Notification.
20. In the event that Monster Energy cannot contact a potential Winner within seven (7) days of the Notification or a potential Winner is unavailable to receive a Prize, such entry will be deemed null and void and Monster Energy shall select another Valid Entry as soon as reasonably possible thereafter in accordance with the Selection Process.
21. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per person and each entrant shall not submit or attempt to submit more than one (1) entry. Monster Energy reserves the right to refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion who submits or attempts to submit more than one (1) entry.
22. Entries will not be valid where they are made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices. Monster Energy reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to exclude entries it believes have been made using any automated entry techniques.
23. For the avoidance of doubt a computer or another internet ready device and internet access is required to enter the Promotion. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure permission is gained from the owner of the computer and the individual who pays for the internet service provider. No refund may be claimed for expenses related to the use of an internet connection for the purpose of participating in the Promotion.
24. All entries are deemed to have been received at the time of entry into Monster Energy’s database and not at the time when the entry is sent to the Website by the entrant.
25. If there is any dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
26. Submitting the online entry form or any other form of evidence of submitting the online entry form is not proof that your entry has been received. Monster Energy accepts no responsibility for entries that are incorrectly completed, lost, delayed or which are not received for any reason.
27. The Prizes are as described and are not transferable, not exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that a Winner is unable to claim their Prize for any reason whatsoever. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or Monster Energy being unable to deliver a Prize due to the COVID-19 pandemic or for any other reason, Monster Energy reserves the right to replace the entire Prize or prize components with a prize of equal or greater value.
29. If Monster Energy fails to comply with these Terms, it is responsible for loss or damage an entrant suffers that is a foreseeable result of Monster Energy's breach of these Terms or its negligence, but it is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of Monster Energy's breach or if they were contemplated by the entrant and Monster Energy at the time that the entrant entered the Promotion. Besides Monster Energy's liability for foreseeable loss or damage, Monster Energy and/or any of their affiliate companies, employees, directors, agents, assigns or sub-contractors disclaims any and all liability to the fullest extent permissible by law.
30. Events may occur that render the Promotion itself or the awarding of each Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Monster Energy and accordingly Monster Energy may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the Promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Monster Energy as a result thereof.
31. Monster Energy reserves the right to: (a) change the format of the Promotion and/or delay or postpone the Promotion or any stage(s), in whole or in part due to reasons beyond its reasonable control, without liability to the entrant; and/or (b) refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion or future promotions organised by Monster Energy: (i) where Monster Energy reasonably believes that the Prize has been transferred to a third party in whole or in part; (ii) where an entrant has been disqualified from any Monster Energy competition or promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the Commencement Date; (iii) where Monster Energy reasonably believe such individual has not complied with these Terms; and/or (iv) where such individual is ineligible to participate in the Promotion (or if participation in the Promotion should have been refused for any reason whatsoever).
32. Save as expressly set out in these Terms, Monster Energy has no liability for any costs or expenses that may be incurred by any entrant. Each Winner will be liable for any tax chargeable in relation to the Prize.
33. It is advised that all entrants retain a copy of these Terms for future reference.
34. You accept that your name may be made available to the public if you are a Winner. Each Winner’s name is available by contacting Monster Energy at www.monsterenergy.com/contact-us within 90 days of the Closing Date.
35. The Promotion and these Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales subject to mandatory provisions of local consumer law that may apply for your benefit by operation of law and nothing in the Promotion and these Terms affect your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
36. Any disputes (contractual or non-contractual) arising under or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales. However, this shall not limit consumers' mandatory rights under the applicable consumer protection legislation.
37. If you have any questions about the Promotion or if you need to get in touch with us, please contact our customer service team at www.monsterenergy.com/contact-us.
38. Apex Legends PEGI Rating: 16 with violence, in-game purchases (includes random items). Octane character requires separate purchase/unlock. Apex Legends © 2021 Electronic Arts Inc. Electronic Arts, the Electronic Arts logo, Respawn, the Respawn logo, and Apex Legends are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc.