How to Play:
1. Purchase any 473 mL Monster Energy® product with a silver tab (see Appendix A);
2. Text “OCTANE” to 87878 and click on the response link
3. Enter 10-digit PIN from under the tab and follow the instructions
submit entries from November 01 2021 to December 31 2021
MONSTER ENERGY CANADA LTD.
”Walmart / Monster Energy® Apex Legends™ Gaming Sweepstakes”
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTIONAL PERIOD, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES FROM YOU TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES (DEFINED BELOW), A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, AND REQUIREMENT TO ARBITRATE ALL DISPUTES.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID OUTSIDE CANADA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. The “Walmart / Monster Energy® Apex Legends™ Gaming Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (i.e. parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparent s, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. (“Monster” or “Sponsor”), Walmart Canada, Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA”), Sponsor’s SMS provider: Streetmeet Inc. o/a Unoapp & Digital Menubox (“UNOapp”), the fulfillment administrator: LPi Communications Group Inc. (“LPi Group”), and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
2. Sponsor: Monster Energy Canada Ltd.
SMS Provider: UNOapp
Agreement to Official Rules
3. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to, and accepts, these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET"), on November 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM ET, on December 31, 2021 (collectively the "Promotion Period"). UNOapp’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
How to Enter
5. There are two (2) methods of Sweepstakes entry:
No Purchase Necessary. To receive one (1) entry without a purchase, during the promotion period, submit an original hand-written essay by sending an email with a scan or legible photo of the essay to [email protected] that includes: (a) The email subject line: “Why I want to win the Total Gaming Package”; (b) a fifty (50) word or more, unique and original hand-written essay on “Why I want to win Total Gaming Package” (an “Essay”); and (c) your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address, and date of birth. Each Sweepstakes entrant who submits an approved Essay submission will be emailed one (1) 10-digit alphanumeric PIN, while supplies last. Follow Step 2 below to enter and be eligible for winning a Prize. No photocopies of a previously submitted Essay with hand-edits or computer-made will be accepted. Each Essay must be an original and submitted as above. Any Essays judged to be copies or are fraudulent in any way will disqualify all entries by that person. Sponsor’s decisions are final.
Entering with a purchase: To enter, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Purchase any 473 mL Monster Energy® product with a silver tab (see Appendix A);
Step 2: Text “OCTANE” to 87878;
Step 3: Enter 10-digit alphanumeric PIN from under the participating silver tab (or in the case of entry without purchase, the 10-digit alphanumeric PIN provided for an approved Essay);
Step 4: Fill in the required fields and accept the UNOapp terms and conditions. Regular text messaging rates, airtime, data, and carrier charges may apply, OR scan the QR code printed on point-of-sale materials found in stores and follow these same steps. Sweepstakes’ entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Sponsor and UNOapp for the purposes of the Sweepstakes via text message to complete their entry;
Step 5: When the “scratch here” screen appears, move your finger across the screen to see if you are a potential Instant Prize winner (subject to correctly answering a skill-testing question);
Step 6: Instant Prize winners will receive a text message and link to download if they have won;
Step 7: The last message will be “You have been entered into the Grand Prize draws”. There is no limit to entering the Sweepstakes multiple times per day, by either method, as long as each entry is original.
6. Regular text messaging rates, airtime, data, and carrier charges may apply; no other costs or other obligation will be incurred, by entering the Sweepstakes. The complete official rules can be found at: https://www.monsterenergy.com/octane
7. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Entries which are incomplete, late, lost, irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are void and will not be eligible or accepted at the time of the draw. Only one (1) mobile phone number may be used by any one person to participate in this Sweepstakes. Any personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of administering this Sweepstakes only.
8. Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means. The potential winner will be identified as the authorized account holder of the phone number used to enter the Sweepstakes.
9. Grand Prize: There are ten (10) “Grand Prizes” available to be won. The Grand Prize is one (1) gaming headset, one (1) gaming backpack and one (1) gaming chair. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is: $963.00 CAD.
Instant Prizes: There are twenty thousand (20,000) “Instant Prizes” available to be won. Each Instant Prize consists of one (1) of six (6) exclusive DLC downloadable codes (“DLC Code”). These will be chosen randomly throughout the Sweepstakes and the winner does not get a choice of which DLC Code. Octane character requires separate purchase/unlock. The ARV of each Instant Prize is $0.00 CAD. See Terms and Conditions below for details on how to redeem. While supplies last.
From time to time herein, the Prizes may be individually referred to as a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”. Limit of one (1) Grand Prize per household.
10. Prize suppliers are independent parties over which Monster does not exercise any control. Monster is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers nor does it assume responsibility for any warranty, claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to any prize winner.
11. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, and may not be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash value. In case of the unavailability of any prize, Monster reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
12. A random draw from all eligible entries will be made by Sponsor’s SMS provider, UNOapp, on January 7, 2022. The draw will take place at UNOapp, 670 Caledonia Rd., 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M6E 4V9, at approximately 3:00 PM ET, to select potential Grand Prize winners.
13. The odds of winning a Grand Prize in this Sweepstakes depends on the total number of valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning an Instant Prize will depend on the time of each entry scratch played. Prior to the Promotion Period, the Administrator will randomly pre-select a series of winning times during the Promotion Period using a computer algorithm. Each winning time is associated with a single Instant Prize. The time of scratch will determine whether a person is eligible to win an Instant Prize. The first person to scratch at a winning time (or, if no scratch is recorded at a winning time, the first person to scratch after that winning time) is a potential winner eligible to win the Prize associated with that time. The odds and number of Instant Prizes available to be won will diminish as Instant Prizes are claimed during the Promotion Period.
Requirements of Potential Winners
14. To be declared a potential Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant who is eligible for such Prize will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question at a predetermined mutually convenient time. Following the draw described herein, the selected entrant will be contacted by email or by phone at the telephone number provided by the entrant. If the selected entrant cannot be reached personally without leaving a message by telephone within two (2) business days of the first phone call made and after a minimum of two (2) attempts by a Sponsor representative, and if such selected entrant fails to execute and return a declaration and release form within two (2) business days from the date of receipt thereof, or if he or she does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, his or her entry will be forfeited and the next selected entrant drawn will be contacted on the third (3rd) day and such process may be repeated at the discretion of the Sponsor.
15. As a condition of winning and accepting receipt of a Grand Prize, winners must sign a declaration and release (waiver), in the form requested by Monster, confirming compliance with the Sweepstakes Official Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, and releasing Monster and all the Sweepstakes Entities.
16. As the Instant Prizes have no dollar value no skill-testing question or waiver will be administered.
20. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and with the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator as they relate thereto.
21. By entering the Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize winners agree to sign a waiver, as described above. In addition, Grand Prize winners agree to the use of their name, place of residence and image in any publicity carried out by Sponsor without compensation.
22. By accepting any prize in connection with this Sweepstakes, winners agree to release, remise and forever discharge Sponsor, its parent, all affiliates thereof, and Sweepstakes Entities from any claims, liabilities or damages incurred in connection with the delivery, installation, use and consumption of any Prize.
23. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, PINs, codes and release documents or for any problems or failures. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, other epidemics or medical emergencies, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or cause it to not comply with any applicable law having jurisdiction over Sponsor, then, subject to regulatory approval when required, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes without notice.
24. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules or tampering with the Sweepstakes process. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to participate. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is in violation of criminal and civil laws and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
25. All decisions of Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. Each Prize is non-transferable.
26. All entries become the property of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. and will not be returned.
27. This Sweepstakes and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
28. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
29. These Official Rules are available at https://www.monsterenergy.com/octane
30. For Quebec Residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
31. For residents of all provinces, excepting Quebec: All disputes, disagreements, controversies, questions or claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, with respect to its execution, validity, application, interpretation, performance, breach, termination or enforcement (“Disputes”), shall be (a) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (b) shall be determined by a sole Arbitrator (the “Arbitrator”) under the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Ontario) (the “Act”). The resolution of Disputes pursuant to this section shall be final and binding upon the parties, and there shall be no appeal therefrom, including, without limitation, any appeal to a court on a question of law, a question of fact or a question of mixed fact and law. In addition: (a) section 7(2) of the Act will not apply to the arbitration; (b) unless the parties otherwise agree, the Arbitrator will be appointed by a judge of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario on the application of any party on notice to all the other parties. No individual shall be appointed as Arbitrator unless he or she agrees in writing to be bound by the provisions of this Article; (c) the arbitration shall take place in the City of Toronto unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties; (d) subject to the Act, the Arbitrator may conduct the arbitration in the manner the Arbitrator considers appropriate; (e) the language to be used in the arbitration shall be English; (f) within seven (7) calendar days after appointment the arbitrator shall set the hearing date, which shall be within ninety (90) calendar days after the filing date of the demand for arbitration unless a later date is required for a good cause shown. The parties agree to a mutual exchange of relevant documents and the taking of up to a maximum of five (5) depositions by each party to last no more than two (2) calendar days in aggregate for each party; (g) the parties desire that any Dispute should be conducted in strict confidence and that there shall be no disclosure to any person of the existence of the Dispute or any aspect of the Dispute except as is necessary for the resolution of the Dispute; and (h) the Arbitrator shall have the right to determine all questions of law and jurisdiction, including questions as to whether a claim is arbitral, and shall have the right to grant legal and equitable relief including injunctive relief and the right to grant permanent and interim injunctive relief, and final and interim damages awards. The Arbitrator shall also have the discretion to award costs, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, reasonable expert's fees and expenses, reasonable witnesses' fees and expenses pre-award and post-award interest and costs of the arbitration.
DLC PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
32. If any part of a DLC Code is counterfeited or improperly reproduced, or if the DLC Code comes from other games or promotions (whether operated by Monster or any third-party), or if any part is illegible, mutilated, or tampered with in any way, or if it contains or reflects printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors, the DLC Code will be rejected and will be deemed void and invalid.
33. How to Redeem DLC Codes: During the Promotion Period, Instant Prize winners (“Participants”) can visit www.ea.com, create an EA account (if they do not have one already), submit their DLC Code(s), select their platform (Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation4, Playstation5, Nintendo Switch, or PC) and follow the on-screen instructions to register for this promotion by creating an account (“Account”). If a Participant does not have an existing EA Account, they can follow the instructions to register for this service free at https://help.ea.com/en/eadp_check/signup/. Registration with EA requires agreement to the applicable terms and conditions and privacy policies for such use. After registration, Participant’s Account will automatically link to their: Xbox LIVE gamertag and profile for the Xbox One or Xbox Series X console; PlayStation Network gamer profile for the PS4 or PS5 console; Nintendo Switch Online gamer profile for the Nintendo Switch; or Origin or Steam profile for PC; (each a “Gamer Profile”). To redeem a DLC Code, Participants log into Account and enter their DLC Code as directed by the Website. After Participants successful entry of a DLC Code, in accordance with these terms and conditions, they will receive their DLC item which will automatically be loaded onto Participant’s EA account within Participant’s Game for Participant’s gamer profile. Participant’s Code will only be redeemable with the Game account details on Participant’s Account. Participants must ensure they are logged into the correct Account before redeeming a DLC Code. DLC Codes will be assigned to the first Account that they are redeemed on. DLC Codes cannot be transferred to another Account and replacements will not be issued. Participants will have until March 31, 2022 to redeem their DLC Codes.
NOTE: Acquisition of the Game is required to redeem and use the DLC items obtainable through this promotion; additional pay subscription services may be required to redeem and use the DLC items in the Game’s multiplayer play. The DLC items cannot be redeemed nor exchanged for any monetary value. The DLC items may be available for purchase and/or other giveaway(s) separately at any time.
34. Codes and Redemption Code Limits:
From time to time herein, DLC Codes may be individually referred to as a “Code” and collectively as “Codes”. Each Code may only be used once; subsequent attempts to re-submit or re-use the same Code (whether by the same Participant or by different Participants) will be void. Codes must be entered on at EA before March 31, 2022, and any valid unused Codes after this time shall become void. If any part of any Code is counterfeited, or improperly reproduced or if the Code comes from other games or promotions (whether operated by Monster or any third-party), or if any part is illegible, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if it contains or reflects printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors, the Code will be rejected and will be deemed void and invalid. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the respective decisions of Monster and EA with respect to Code entry are final and binding.
If a Participant experiences any difficulty with Code redemption, please contact Monster’s Consumer Relations at (855)-488-1212 or [email protected].
NO TRANSFER: Codes cannot be sold, traded, bartered, assigned or transferred to or shared with a third party, auctioned through an online auction site, or otherwise or obtained through any source other than from one of the methods mentioned in these Terms and Conditions. Codes are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels.
35. Code Verification. All Codes are subject to verification at the respective sole discretion of Monster and EA before a Participant receives their DLC. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used for verification purposes. Codes will be void if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures, or, if determined by Monster or EA in their respective sole discretion, to be unauthorized, illegitimately obtained (i.e., through means other than those stated in these Terms and Conditions) or if they contain an unauthorized message, code or other marking not issued by Monster for use in this promotion, or if defective or if they contain printing or other mechanical errors or are printed or produced in error or are illegible or unreadable or blank. No Code redemption will be valid if such redemption is associated with any Code deemed void for any reason, including without limitation, the following: (a) Code is not verified or recognized as being validly issued by Monster or EA in this promotion; (b) Code is determined to be previously entered and used, except as provided herein; (c) Code is incorrectly or incompletely entered or submitted; or (d) Code is void. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the respective decisions of Monster and EA shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to this promotion, including without limitation determinations regarding the validity of Codes. Monster and EA each shall have no obligation to the holder of any void Code. Monster or EA may, at their respective sole discretion and without obligation, elect to replace an illegible Code with one (1) randomly selected Code, if appropriate, upon request while supplies last. Monster and EA each reserves the right to inspect and examine any illegible Code prior to issuing a replacement. Replacements shall be issued at Monster or EA’s respective sole discretion and may be denied in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Except as expressly stated above, Monster and EA shall have no liability or obligation with respect to any void Code.
36. Limitations of Liability: No responsibility or liability is assumed by Monster, EA, and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of this promotion (the “Promotion Entities”) for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Website hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail messaging transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website or any other website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of this promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of this promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of a Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Live, Play Station Network, Nintendo Switch Online, Origin, Steam used in connection with this promotion. From time to time during the Promotion Period, Monster or EA’s respective webmaster may perform maintenance on the Website or other websites, which may result in a Participant’s inability to enter or redeem Codes. Monster and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any typographical or printing errors in the Codes, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website, including without limitation, any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to Participant's or any other person's computer equipment or mobile phone equipment resulting from online participation in this promotion, or use of or download of any information from the Website. Use of the Website is at user's own risk. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
37. General Terms. By participating in this promotion, Participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions by Monster and by the decisions of Monster, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Terms and Conditions; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities.
The Promotion Entities are not responsible if this promotion cannot take place, or if any Code cannot be redeemed due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, other epidemics or medical emergencies, or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Promotion Entities. If, for any reason, this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promotion Entities, which, in Monster’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, Monster reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this promotion or any part of this promotion. If this promotion or any part of this promotion is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of this promotion, notice will be posted on www.monsterenergy.com if time permits. Monster reserves the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during this promotion.
38. The Claw Icon and all MONSTER ENERGY trademarks are owned by Monster Energy Company and/or its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies. Other trademarks appearing are the property of their respective owners.
APPENDIX A: Participating products with Silver Tab PINs:
Monster Energy 473mL
Monster Energy Zero Sugar 473mL
Monster Lo Cal 473mL
Monster Assault 473mL
Monster Zero Ultra 473mL
Monster Ultra Violet 473mL
Monster Ultra Blue 473mL
Monster Ultra Red 473mL
Monster Ultra Paradise 473mL
Monster Ultra Rosa 473mL
Monster Ultra Fiesta 473mL
Monster Ultra Sunrise 473mL
Monster Ultra Watermelon 473mL
Monster Papillion Punch 473mL
Monster Khaotic Punch 473mL
Monster Pipeline Punch 473mL
Monster Pacific Punch 473mL
Monster Mango Loco 473mL
NOTE: Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. All inquiries regarding this promotion should be directed to Sponsor and not to EA. Apex Legends ESRB Rating: T for TEEN with blood, violence/users interact, in-game purchases (includes random items). Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.