Australian residents 18+ only (excl. winners of Promoter's prizes valued $5000+ in 12 mths prior). Max 1 entry per person/day & per receipt. Between 12.01am (AEDT) 23/3/22 & 11.59pm (AEST) 18/4/22 buy any 2x500mL or 1x4 pack Monster Energy cans (all variants) in 1 transaction (excl. online/vending machine purchase), scan QR code on advertising in store w/smartphone or visit www.monsterenergy.com/promotions & fill out entry form incl. receipt upload & store of purchase. Keep original itemised receipt/s. Draw: 3pm (AEST) 20/4/22, L2, 11 York St, Sydney NSW 2000. Prize: winner's choice of either a 2022 YZF-R7HO Bike ($15,049) or a 2020 Yamaha WR450F ($16,549). Total prize pool up to $16,549. See website on 25/4/22 for winner. Entrants will get future marketing from Promoter. See website for full conditions incl. privacy statement. Promoter: Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd (ABN 84 132 571 638), Unit 10c, 2 Daydream St, Warriewood NSW 2102. Authorised under: SA Permit: T21/2044. ACT Permit TP 21/02275. NSW TP/00151.
submit entries from March 23 2022 to April 18 2022
Monster Energy NSG Win a 2022 YZF-R7 OR Yamaha WR450F Bike Promotion
Terms and Conditions
Who is running the promotion?
The Promoter is Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd (ABN 84 132 571 638) of Unit 10c, 2 Daydream St, Warriewood NSW 2102.
When will the promotion start and end?
The Promotion starts at 12.01am (AEDT) on 23/03/2022 and ends at 11.59pm (AEST) on 18/04/2022 (the Promotion Period).
Who can enter?
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are aged 18 years or over, excluding:
(a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, the participating Stores and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the competition (including suppliers of prizes);
(b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph (a) above;
(c) persons who have won a prize or prizes valued either individually or collectively at more than $5,000 (including GST) in any competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter, within the 12 months prior to the commencement of the Promotion Period;
(d) persons who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win a competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter (except in the case of a legal change of name); and
(e) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any competition or promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter.
The persons referred to in paragraph (b) above include natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
Where will the promotion run?
The Promotion will run in participating stores which are displaying the advertising material (Store) in Australia.
Do I need to buy anything to enter?
Yes. During the Promotion Period, you need to buy 2 x 500ml Monster Energy® or 1 x Multipack (4x500ml) Monster Energy® drink cans (all variants) in 1 transaction (excluding online and vending machine purchases), (Qualifying Purchase) from a participating Store and retain your receipt as proof of purchase.
Your purchase receipt must clearly identify the Store of purchase, the product/s purchased (which must comprise a Qualifying Purchase) and the date of purchase (which must be during the Promotion Period before you submitted your entry).
After you have made a Qualifying Purchase and collected your itemised purchase receipt, you must during the Promotion Period:
scan the QR code on the advertising in Store with your smartphone;
visit www.monsterenergy.com/promotions (Website),
locate the entry page, fill out and submit the online entry form including by uploading an image of your Qualifying Purchase receipt and providing all other requested information, including your name, address and Store of purchase to enter.
The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry, including having the requisite photograph capability.
No entries will be accepted outside the Promotion Period.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be 1 winner determined for this Promotion.
A draw will be held at Level 2, 11 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 at 3pm (AEST) on 20/04/2022.
An independent scrutineer will observe the draw process and announcement of the winner.
The first valid entry drawn randomly by a representative of the Promoter from the valid entries received during the Promotion Period will win the prize.
The Promoter may arrange to draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or a prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
What can I win?
There is 1 prize available.
The prize is the winner's choice of either:
a 2022 Yamaha YZF-R7HO valued at $15,049; or
a 2022 Yamaha WR450F valued at $16,549.
The prize you choose includes registration, but excludes insurance, a licence or any accessories not specified. The colour of the prize you receive is subject to availability and will be as determined by the Promoter.
If you win, you must collect your chosen prize from the dealership as specified by the Promoter or make alternate delivery arrangements within 28 days of being verified as the winner.
See paragraphs 3-5 for further prize details.
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is valued at up to $16,549.
How many times can I enter?
You can enter a maximum of once per day during the Promotion Period, provided that each entry is based on a separate Qualifying Purchase and separate Qualifying Purchase transaction.
A receipt showing a Qualifying Purchase can only be used to make 1 entry, regardless of how many Qualifying Purchases are shown on that receipt. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
How and when will the winners be informed?
The winner will be informed by phone and in writing within two days of the draw and will also have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 25/04/2022 for a period of 28 days.
Must I keep anything to verify my entry?
You must keep the original itemised purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase.
If you don't produce the proof of purchase for all entries when asked, the Promoter may disqualify all of your entries and you will lose any right to the prize.
Proof of purchase must be identical to that provided by you with your entry.
If, in the Promoter's opinion, you have shared any receipt(s) with another person, your entry (or entries) will be invalid, and you will lose any right to the prize.
If I win, when must I claim my prize?
To claim the prize, you must provide any requested details such as and not limited to age, I.D., name and address and proof of purchase to comply with any eligibility requirements by 5pm (AEST) on 25/07/2022.
What if I don't claim my prize on time?
If the prize has not been accepted or claimed by 5pm (AEST) on 25/07/2022 or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can't contact the drawn winner (or the drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by this time and date, the relevant entry will be discarded and the Promoter will re-award the prize to a Reserve Entrant and/or carry out an unclaimed prize draw at 10am (AEST) on 27/07/2022 at the same location as the original draw to randomly distribute the prize.
Any such winner will be informed by phone and in writing within two days of determination and will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 29/07/2022 for a period of 28 days.
If the prize remains un-won at the end of this promotion, or if a prize winner cannot be found, that information will be published on the Website on 29/09/2022.
SA Permit T21/2044. ACT Permit TP 21/02275. NSW TP/00151.
These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering and accepting any prize, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. Your entry must be received during the Promotion Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. If you return a Qualifying Purchase your entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter's discretion (unless the product is defective). You will receive a return message confirming your entry. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers/email addresses/addresses/multiple aliases you may be disqualified.
2022 YZF-R7 Dirt Bike: If you are the winner and select the Dirt Bike as your prize, you must get any necessary licences to use the 2022 YZF-R7 Dirt Bike and must comply with all laws and regulations. You must provide all information and sign all documents required to allow the Promoter to register the 2022 YZF-R7 Dirt Bike in your name before collection. You must be able to register and operate the 2022 YZF-R7 Dirt Bike in your name in accordance with applicable laws. However, if you are unable to register the 2022 YZF-R7 Dirt Bike in your name, then you may transfer it to another person for the purpose of registration. The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you transfer the prize to.
Yamaha WR450F Monster Energy Racing Edition Motocross Bike: If you are the winner and select the Motocross Bike as your prize, you must get any necessary licences to use the motocross bike and must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You must provide all information and sign all documents required to allow the Promoter to register the motocross bike in your name before collection. Registration is required for riding the motocross bike on public land which includes off road tracks. You must be able to register and operate the motocross bike in your name in accordance with applicable laws. However, if you are unable to register the motocross bike in your name then you may transfer it to another person for the purpose of registration. The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you transfer the prize to.
The winner assumes the risk for the prize once the prize has been collected. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any risk in relation to the prize post collection.
The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share the prize.
If you win, you must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any further compensation. You consent to the Promoter using your name and image in any promotional or advertising activity in perpetuity without further compensation.
You must, if required by the Promoter, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, sign disclaimer and release forms provided by the Promoter in favour of the Promoter and other parties before taking the prize. If you do not sign these documents, your entry will be deemed invalid and you will lose any entitlement to a prize. You will be given a reasonable opportunity to review and consider these documents before signing.
If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, your entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
10. You must not:
tamper with the entry process;
engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion;
act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this Promotion;
breach any law; or
behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
11. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
12. If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. In all other respects, the Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this Promotion is final.
13. The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. The prize value is correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and includes any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in value. You agree that if the prize, or element of the prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
14. By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
15. If this Promotion cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, government directives, pandemic, public health orders and the like, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the Promotion or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any applicable law.
16. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
19. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of or damage to or delay in delivery of the prize or for any damage that occurs to the prize if it is displayed at a Store.
20. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
Collection and use of your personal information