submit entries from January 31 2021 to April 30 2021
PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Promotion is being organised and operated by Monster Energy Europe Limited of Unit 51 Metropolitan Park, Bristol Road, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 8UP, UK (“Monster Energy”).
The Promotion is open to all persons over eighteen (18) years of age and who are resident in Afghanistan. No employee or family member of an employee of Monster Energy or its affiliated companies, subcontractors, agents or assigns or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion is permitted to enter the Promotion.
The Promotion is being conducted through the website at www.monsterenergy.com/rk19promotion (the “Website”).
By entering the Promotion pursuant to these Terms, each entrant (“you”, “your”, “entrant”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and by the decision(s) of Monster Energy, whose decision shall be final, in relation to all matters relating to the Promotion. No further correspondence will be entered into by Monster Energy.
All times and dates set out in these Terms refer to the times and dates in Afghanistan. In the event of any dispute over the time or date of any entry submitted the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
The commencement date of the Promotion is 00:01 on 01.02.2021 (“Commencement Date”) and the closing date for the Promotion is 23:59 on 30.04.2021 (“Closing Date”).
Entrants may enter the Promotion by:
acting in accordance with these Terms; and
purchasing a can of 500ml Monster Energy® product with a black ring-pull (“Promotional Can”) and entering the unique code (“Promotional Code(s)”) displayed on the underside of the black ring-pull on the Website with their details (being full name, residential address, telephone number, date of birth and/or email address).
. Each Promotional Code can only be used once and shall expire after its first use.
Prize & Requirements
Each entrant that validly submits their entry as set out above (each a “Valid Entrant”) will be entered into either the First Draw, Second Draw or Third Draw defined below (each a “Draw”). The Draw that the Valid Entrant will be entered in will be determined by the date which the Valid Entrant submitted their details (“Entry Date”). Valid Entrants with an Entry Date between 01 February 2021 and 28 February 2021 will be entered into the first draw (“First Draw”). Valid Entrants with an Entry Date between 01 March 2021 and 31 March 2021 will be entered into the second draw (“Second Draw”). Valid Entrants with an Entry Date between 01 April 2021 and 30 April 2021 will be entered into the third draw (“Third Draw”). Each Draw shall be held within three (3) days of its final date stated above.
10. The first one (1) Valid Entrant randomly selected from the First Draw (the “First Winner”) shall win the Main Prize (as defined below). The next four hundred (400) Valid Entrants randomly selected from the First Draw (the “First Runners-Up”) shall each win a Runner-Up Prize (as defined below).
11. The first one (1) Valid Entrant randomly selected from the Second Draw (the “Second Winner”) shall win the Main Prize. The next two hundred and sixty (260) Valid Entrants randomly selected from the Second Draw (the “Second Runners-Up”) shall each win a Runner-Up Prize.
12. The first one (1) Valid Entrant randomly selected from the Third Draw (the “Third Winner”) shall win the Main Prize. The next two hundred and sixty (260) Valid Entrants randomly selected from the Third Draw (the “Third Runners-Up”) shall each win a Runner-Up Prize.
13. The First Winner, the Second Winner and the Third Winner shall together be referred to as the Main Winners (herein defined as the “Main Winners” and each a “Main Winner”), the First Runners-Up, the Second Runners-Up and the Third Runners-Up shall together be referred to as the Runners-Up Winners (herein defined as the “Runners-Up Winners” and each a “Runners-Up Winner”) and the Main Winners and the Runners-Up Winners shall together be referred to as the Winners (herein defined as the “Winners and each a “Winner”).
14. Each Main Winner shall win the main prize, which shall consist of the following (“Main Prize”):
(a) the opportunity for up to two (2) people (being Main Winner and one (1) person as chosen by the Main Winner (“Elected Person”) to have a meet and greet session and informal cricket practice with Rashid Kahn during the period from 15 May 2021 to 31 May 2021 in Dubai (such date and location to be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion, subject to Rashid Khan’s availability) (the “Event”);
(b) a two (2) night stay for two (2) people in twin room accommodation of no less than a three (3) star rating; the hotel to be selected by Monster Energy in its complete discretion, subject to availability (“Hotel”);
(c) two (2) economy flight return tickets for two (2) people from an airport in Afghanistan to an airport in Dubai (“Destination Point”); the airport locations, dates and times of the flights shall be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion, subject to availability; and
(d) return economy transfers as determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion for two (2) people: (i) from Destination Point to Hotel; and (ii) from the Hotel to the Event; the times and mode of transport to be determined by Monster Energy in its absolute discretion, subject to availability.
15. Only the Main Winners and their respective Elected Person as chosen by the Main Winner may enjoy the benefits of the Main Prize. Each Main Winner and each Elected Person must be approved by Monster Energy, be over the age of eighteen (18) years and be resident in Afghanistan. Each Main Winner and each Elected Person must hold valid passports that do not expire before 30 November 2021.
16. The Runners-Up Winners shall each win one of the following: one (1) Monster Energy® branded cricket jersey; or one (1) Monster Energy® branded cricket ball; or one (1) Monster Energy® branded cricket bat, the exact size and design of each to be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion (the “Runners-Up Prizes”) . For the avoidance of doubt, the allocation of the Runners-Up Prizes shall be selected at random and subject to Monster Energy’s final determination, in Monster Energy’s complete discretion.
17. The Main Prize and the Runners-Up Prizes shall together be referred to as the “Prizes”, each a “Prize”.
18. Before being declared a Winner and receiving their Prize, the potential Winner (and the Elected Persons in the case of the Main Winners) may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence, identity, which may include but is not limited to a copy of proof of residence, passport and/or similar government issued identification. Failure to provide Monster Energy with this information within the reasonable timeframe set by Monster Energy may result in the Winner forfeiting their Prize and Monster Energy selecting another Valid Entry as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
19. Each Main Winner and each Elected Person will be required to sign a waiver prepared by Monster Energy, in its complete discretion, specific to the Main Prize confirming understanding, compliance with and acceptance of the waiver. Copies of the applicable confirmation and waiver can be obtained upon request from www.monsterenergy.com/contact-us.
20. For the avoidance of doubt, all costs associated with the Main Prize, including without limitation, tax, valid health insurance for travel, travel visa (if applicable), accommodation, transportation, equipment, sustenance, any entertainment and anything related to the Main Prize not specifically included and outlined in the definition of the Main Prize above will be borne solely by each Main Winner and each Elected Person. Accommodation for the Main Prize is on a room only basis and each Main Winner and their Elected Person will be responsible for all food and beverage consumed at the Hotel and elsewhere which is not specifically included and outlined in the definition of the Main Prize and all additional room charges.
Notification and Prize Delivery
The Winners will be notified by email and/or by telephone via the email address and/or telephone number provided to enter the Promotion within seven (7) days of each Draw (“Notification”). Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
The delivery details of the Prizes shall be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion. Details of delivery of the Prizes (including but not limited to the time, date and location of delivery) shall be provided to the Winners at Notification.
In the event that Monster Energy cannot contact a potential Winner within two (2) days of the Notification or a potential Winner is unavailable to retrieve the Prize (or, in the case of the Main Prize, a potential Main Winner is unavailable to attend the Event for any reason whatsoever), such entry will be deemed null and void and Monster Energy shall select another Valid Entry as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
Only a Promotional Can with a Promotional Code may be used for the purpose of this Promotion. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per Promotional Can and each entrant shall not submit or attempt to submit more than one (1) entry per Promotional Can. Monster Energy reserves the right to refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion who submits or attempts to submit more than one (1) entry per Promotional Can. Monster Energy shall not be responsible for any damaged or illegible Promotional Code. No refunds shall be made for any faulty product and/or Promotional Code. This does not affect your statutory legal rights.
Any Promotional Codes that you collect are for your personal use only. You must not sell, exchange or transfer your Promotional Codes (or attempt to do any of these things).
Entries will not be valid where they are made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices. Monster Energy reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to exclude entries it believes have been made using any automated entry techniques.
For the avoidance of doubt a computer or another internet ready device and internet access is required to enter the Promotion. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure permission is gained from the owner of the computer and the individual who pays for the internet service provider. No refund may be claimed for expenses related to the use of an internet connection for the purpose of participating in the Promotion.
All entries are deemed to have been received at the time of entry into Monster Energy’s database and not at the time when the entry is sent to the Website by the entrant.
If there is any dispute as to the identity of a Winner the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
Submitting the online entry form or any other form of evidence of submitting the online entry form is not proof that your entry has been received. Monster Energy accepts no responsibility for entries that are incorrectly completed, lost, delayed or which are not received for any reason.
The Prizes are as described and are not transferable, not exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that a Winner is unable to claim their Prize for any reason whatsoever. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or Monster Energy being unable to deliver the Prize due to the COVID-19 pandemic or for any other reason, Monster Energy reserves the right to replace the entire Prize or prize components with prizes of equal or greater value.
The Main Winners and their Elected Persons and the Runners-Up Winners agree to participate in reasonable publicity resulting from the Promotion if requested to do so by Monster Energy and the Main Winners and their Elected Persons and the Runners-Up Winners consent to Monster Energy using their name, photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity relating to the Promotion.
If Monster Energy fails to comply with these Terms, it is responsible for loss or damage an entrant suffers that is a foreseeable result of Monster Energy's breach of these Terms or its negligence, but it is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of Monster Energy's breach or if they were contemplated by the entrant and Monster Energy at the time that the entrant entered the Promotion. Besides Monster Energy's liability for foreseeable loss or damage, Monster Energy and/or any of their affiliate companies, employees, directors, employees, agents, assigns or sub-contractors disclaims any and all liability to the fullest extent permissible by law.
Events may occur that render the Promotion itself or the awarding of any Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Monster Energy and accordingly Monster Energy may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the Promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Monster Energy as a result thereof.
Monster Energy reserves the right to: (a) change the format of the Promotion and/or delay or postpone the Promotion or any stage(s), in whole or in part due to reasons beyond its reasonable control, without liability to the entrant; and/or (b) refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion or future promotions organised by Monster Energy: (i) where Monster Energy reasonably believes that a Prize has been transferred to a third party in whole or in part; (ii) where an entrant has been disqualified from any Monster Energy competition or promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the Commencement Date; (iii) where Monster Energy reasonably believe such individual has not complied with these Terms; and/or (iv) where such individual is ineligible to participate in the Promotion (or if participation in the Promotion should have been refused for any reason whatsoever).
Save as expressly set out in these Terms, Monster Energy has no liability for any costs or expenses that may be incurred by any entrant.
It is advised that all entrants retain a copy of these Terms for future reference.
You accept that your name may be made available to the public if you are a Winner. The Winners’ names are available by contacting Monster Energy at www.monsterenergy.com/contact-us within ninety (90) days of the Closing Date.
The Promotion and these Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales subject to mandatory provisions of local consumer law that may apply for your benefit by operation of law and nothing in the Promotion and these Terms affect your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
Any disputes (contractual or non-contractual) arising under or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales. However, this shall not limit consumers' mandatory rights under the applicable consumer protection legislation.
If you have any questions about the Promotion or if you need to get in touch with us, please contact our customer service team at www.monsterenergy.com/contact-us.