Win a 125cc YZF-R125 Monster Energy® Yamaha® MotoGP Edition motorcycle!
submit entries from January 01 2022 to March 31 2022
PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Subject to the provisions of paragraph 4 below, this promotion (“Promotion") is open to all persons over eighteen (18) years of age and who are resident in the Netherlands.
2. This Promotion is being organised and operated by Monster Energy Europe Limited of Unit 51 Metropolitan Park, Bristol Road, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 8UP U.K. (“Monster Energy”).
3. The Promotion is being conducted through the website at [INSERT] (“Website”), and through promotional material within selected retail stores in the Netherlands which stock cans of Monster Energy® product (“Retailer”).
4. No employee or family member of an employee of Monster Energy or its affiliated companies, subcontractors, agents or assigns or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion is permitted to enter the Promotion.
5. By entering this Promotion pursuant to these Terms, each entrant (“you”, “your”, “entrant”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and by the decision(s) of Monster Energy, whose decision shall be final, in relation to all matters relating to the Promotion. No further correspondence will be entered into by Monster Energy.
6. All times and dates set out in these Terms refer to the times and dates in the Netherlands. In the event of any dispute over the time or date of any entry submitted, the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
7. For the avoidance of doubt a computer and internet access is required to enter this Promotion. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure permission is gained from the owner of the computer and the individual who pays for the internet service provider. No refund may be claimed for expenses related to the use of an internet connection for the purpose of participating in this Promotion.
Entry Requirements and Selection Process
8. The commencement date of the Promotion is 00:00 on 01.01.2022 (“Commencement Date”) and the closing date for the Promotion is 23:59 on 31.03.2022 (“Closing Date”). Entries received outside of these dates will not be considered.
9. Entrants may enter by:
9.1. acting in accordance with these Terms;
9.2. purchasing any one (1) can of Monster Energy product from the Retailer and obtaining a till receipt on purchase (“Receipt”);
9.3. entering on the Website:
9.3.1. their details as directed by the Website (being name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number);
9.3.2. name of the Retailer and town as shown on the Receipt; and
9.3.3. providing the following: in no more than thirty (30) words, please explain “What is your favourite Monster Energy® to drink before going on a motorbike ride?” (“Answer”).
10. Entries will not be valid where they are made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices. Monster Energy reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to exclude entries it believes have been made using any automated entry techniques.
11. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per Receipt.
12. A panel of consisting of three (3) Monster Energy representatives and one (1) independent judge (the “Panel”) shall vote, within fourteen (14) days after the Closing Date (“Draw Date”), for one (1) official winner (the “Winner”) from all entries which validly submit their entry as set out above (each a “Valid Entry”) whose Answer best meets the selection criteria (“Selection Criteria”).
13. The Selection Criteria shall consist of the following: a) the best understanding of Monster Energy® and Yamaha® motorcycles; and b) the most original Answer in terms of original composition, written skill and style.
Prize and Prize Requirements
14. The Winner shall win one (1) 125cc YZF-R125 Monster Energy® Yamaha® MotoGP Edition motorcycle (“Prize”), worth an approximate retail value of six thousand five hundred Euros (€6,500.00).
15. Before being declared the Winner and receiving the Prize, a potential winner will be required to:
15.1. provide Monster Energy with a copy of their Receipt; and
15.2. prove eligibility for the potential winner, including, without limitation, driving license, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include but is not limited to a copy of proof of residence, driving license, passport and/ or similar government issued identification before receiving their Prize. Failure to provide Monster Energy with this information within the reasonable timeframe set by Monster Energy may result in the potential winner forfeiting their Prize and Monster Energy selecting another qualifying entry in accordance with the Selection Criteria as soon as reasonably possible thereafter; and
15.3. sign a written confirmation of eligibility and waiver of liability before the Prize can be released to them. Copies of the applicable confirmation and waiver can be obtained upon request to www.monsterenergy.com/contact-us.
For the avoidance of doubt, all other costs associated with the Prize not specifically included and outlined in the definition of the Prize above, including without limitation, road tax, safety equipment, driving license and relevant insurance, will be borne solely by the Winner.
Notification and Prize Delivery
16. The Winner will be notified telephonically and/or by email via the telephone number and/or email address as provided on the entrant’s Valid Entry within five (5) days of the Draw Date (“Notification”).
17. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
18. The delivery details of the Prize shall be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion. Details of delivery of the Prize (including but not limited to the time, date and location of delivery) shall be provided to the Winner at Notification.
19. In the event that the Monster Energy cannot contact a potential winner within twenty eight (28) days of the Closing Date or a potential winner is unable to claim their Prize for any reason then such entry will be deemed null and void and Monster Energy reserves the right to select another winner in accordance with the Selection Criteria as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
20. No entry shall be able to provide alternative contact information to that provided to enter the Promotion for any reason.
21. All entries are deemed to have been received at the time of entry into the Monster Energy’s database and not at the time when the entry is sent to the Website by the entrant.
22. If there is any dispute as to the identity of the Winner, the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
23. Submitting the online entry form or any other form of evidence of submitting the online entry form is not proof that your entry has been received. Monster Energy accepts no responsibility for entries that are incorrectly completed, lost, delayed or which are not received for any reason.
24. The Prize is as described and is not transferable, not exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that the Winner is unable to claim their Prize for any reason whatsoever. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or Monster Energy being unable to deliver the Prize due to the COVID-19 pandemic or for any other reason, Monster Energy reserves the right to replace the entire Prize or Prize components with prizes of equal or greater value.
25. The Winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity resulting from the Promotion if requested to do so by Monster Energy and the Winner consents to Monster Energy using their name, photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity relating to the Promotion.
26. The name of the Winner may be made available on the relevant pages of the Website.
27. To the fullest extent permissible by law, neither Monster Energy nor any of their affiliate companies, employees, directors, agents, assigns or sub-contractors accepts any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant accessing the Website, entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize. Proof of sending is not accepted as proof of receipt. Monster Energy is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any delay or failure of any postal or equivalent delivery service, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the entrant´s or any other person´s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion. Nothing shall exclude Monster Energy’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Monster Energy, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
28. Events may occur that render the Promotion itself or the awarding of any Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Monster Energy and accordingly Monster Energy may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the Promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Monster Energy as a result thereof.
29. Monster Energy reserves the right to:
29.1. change the format of the Promotion and/or delay or postpone the Promotion or any stage(s), in whole or in part due to reasons beyond its reasonable control, without liability to the entrant; and/or
29.2. refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion or future events organised by Monster Energy;
29.2.1. where Monster Energy reasonably believes that the Prize has been transferred to a third party in whole or in part;
29.2.2. where an entrant has been disqualified from any Monster Energy competition or other promotion within twelve (12) months of the Commencement date;
29.2.3. where Monster Energy reasonably believe such individual has not complied with these Terms; and/or
29.2.4. where such individual is ineligible to participate in the Promotion (or if participation in the Promotion should have been refused for any reason whatsoever).
30. Save as expressly set out in these Terms, Monster Energy has no liability for any costs or expenses that may be incurred by any entrant. The Winner will be liable for any tax chargeable in relation to the Prize.
31. It is advised that all entrants retain a copy of these Terms for future reference.
32. The Promotion and these Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes (contractual or non-contractual) arising under or in connection with the Promotion or these Terms are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales.
33. If you have any questions about this Promotion or if you need to get in touch with us, please contact the Monster Energy customer service team at: Monster Energy, A.Hofmanweg 33, 2031 BH Haarlem.