MONSTER ENERGY CANADA LTD.
”Halo Infinite Gaming Text to Enter Sweepstakes”
- The “Halo Infinite Gaming Text to Enter Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry and possess a current passport with at least six (6) months validity from trip’s start date, except employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (i.e. parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. (“Monster” or “Sponsor”), Microsoft Corporation, 343 Industries, a division of Xbox Game Studios, the makers of Halo game series, participating retailers, Sponsor’s SMS provider: Streetmeet Inc. o/a Unoapp & Digital Menubox (“UNOapp”), the fulfillment administrator: LPi Communications Group Inc. (“LPi Group”), and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
- Sponsor: Monster Energy Canada Ltd.
Administrator: LPi Group
Agreement to Official Rules
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to, and accepts, these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsors and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET"), on October 13, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM ET, on January 4, 2021 (collectively the "Promotion Period"). UNOapp’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
How to Enter
- No Purchase Necessary. To enter, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Text “GAMER” to 87878 to receive a Sweepstakes link. Regular text messaging rates, airtime, data, and carrier charges may apply;
Step 2: Fill in the required fields and accept the UNOapp terms and conditions. Sweepstakes entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Sponsor and UNOapp for the purposes of the Sweepstakes via text message to complete their entry;
Step 3: You will receive the following message: “You have been entered into the Grand Prize and Secondary Prize draws. Click on the following link for a chance to win a Daily Prize”;
Step 4: When the “scratch here” screen appears, move your finger across the screen to see if you are a potential Daily Prize winner (subject to correctly answering a skill-testing question);
Step 5: Winners will receive a text message and link to download if they have won.
- Regular text messaging rates, airtime, data, and carrier charges may apply; no other costs or other obligation will be incurred, by entering the Sweepstakes. The complete official rules can be found at: https://www.monsterenergycontests.com/halogiveaway
- All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Entries which are incomplete, late, lost, irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are void and will not be eligible or accepted at the time of the draw. Only one (1) entry per mobile phone number, per day. Only one (1) mobile phone number may be used by any one person to participate in this Sweepstakes. Any personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of administering this Sweepstakes only.
- Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means. The potential winner will be identified as the authorized account holder of the phone number used to enter the Sweepstakes.
- Grand Prize: There is one (1) “Grand Prize” available to be won. The Grand Prize is a trip to France. Trip dates and exact destination are yet to be determined. The trip includes: (a) round-trip, economy class airfare tickets for the Grand Prize Winner and their one (1) guest from a major airport near the Grand Prize Winner's residence in Canada (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to an airport near the event as determined by Sponsor; (b) six (6) nights’ standard hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy); (c) Zero G Flight Experience passes for two (2); and (d) one thousand Canadian dollars in spending money ($1000.00 CAD). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is: $12,000.00 CAD. The ARV of the Grand Prize may vary depending on the Grand Prize Winner's residence, market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons. Sponsor is not responsible for, and the Grand Prize Winner will not receive, the difference between the actual value of the Grand Prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials. Specific travel arrangements and all prize details not specified herein will be made and determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. It is the Grand Prize Winner’s and guest’s sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including passport) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a credit card at time of accommodation check-in to cover incidentals. Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be age of majority in their province or territory of residence or older at time of Sweepstakes draw. Each Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest will need to have a medical exam and doctor’s release before participating in the Zero G Flight experience.
Secondary Prizes: There are five (5) “Secondary Prizes” available to be won. Each is an Xbox Series X console, and Halo Infinite Game. The ARV of each Secondary Prize is $600.00 CAD.
Daily Prizes: There are 104,000 “Daily Prizes” available to be won, several to be won each day during the promotion period. 102,000 are a Halo Infinite 2XP code. Codes are a unique PIN and are stackable. The ARV of each 2XP Code Daily Prize is $0.50 CAD. Halo Infinite 2XP codes require internet access and Halo Infinite (available separately - game release coming soon), and play on Xbox consoles require Xbox Live Gold (membership sold separately). You may bank them now and play later. Each winner of a Daily Prize may receive a 2XP code OR they may receive a Halo 5 game download (only 2,000 Halo 5 games available, offer available only while supplies last). The ARV of a Halo 5 game is $20.00.
Surprise and Delight Giveaways:
There are fifty thousand (50,000) DLC Codes available to be given away. The breakdown is below of eight (8) different DLC (downloadable codes), these will be chosen randomly throughout the Sweepstakes.
• Four (4) different weapon types with exclusive designs;
• Two (2) different nameplates with exclusive designs; and
• Two (2) different weapon emblems with exclusive designs.
DLC require internet access and Halo Infinite video game (available separately - game release coming soon). You may bank them now and play later.
From time to time herein, the Prizes may be individually referred to as a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”. Limit of only one Grand or Secondary Prize per household. Limit sixty (60) hours of Halo Infinite 2XP codes per entrant during the Promotional Period.
- Prize suppliers are independent parties over which Monster does not exercise any control. Monster is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers nor does it assume responsibility for any warranty, claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to any prize winner.
- Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, and may not be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash value. In case of the unavailability of any prize, Monster reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- A random draw from all eligible entries will be made by Sponsor’s SMS provider, UNOapp, on January 7, 2021. The draw will take place at UNOapp, 670 Caledonia Rd., 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M6E 4V9, at approximately 3:00 PM ET, to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner, and five (5) Secondary Prizes.
- The odds of winning a Grand or Secondary Prize in this Sweepstakes depends on the total number of valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning a Daily Prize in this Sweepstakes depends on the total number of valid entries received each day during the Promotion Period.
Requirements of Potential Winner
- To be declared the potential Prize winner , the selected entrant who is eligible for such Prize will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question at a predetermined mutually convenient time. Following the draw described herein, the selected entrant will be contacted by email or by phone at the telephone number provided by the entrant. If the selected entrant cannot be reached personally without leaving a message by telephone within two (2) business days of the first phone call made and after a minimum of two (2) attempts by a Sponsor representative, and if such selected entrant fails to execute and return a declaration and release form within two (2) business days from the date of receipt thereof, or if he or she does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, his or her entry will be forfeited and the next selected entrant drawn will be contacted on the third (3rd) day and such process may be repeated at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- As a condition of winning and accepting receipt of any Prize with a value over $1.00, Grand Prize winner (and their guest), and Secondary Prize winners must sign a declaration and release, in the form requested by Monster, confirming compliance with the Sweepstakes Official Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, and releasing Monster and all the Sweepstakes Entities.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and with the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator as they relate thereto.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize winner and Secondary Prize winners agree to sign a Declaration, as described above. In addition, winners agree to the use of their name, place of residence and image in any publicity carried out by Sponsor without compensation.
- By accepting any prize in connection with this Sweepstakes, winners agree to release, remise and forever discharge Sponsor, its parent, all affiliates thereof, and Sweepstakes Entities from any claims, liabilities or damages incurred in connection with the delivery, installation, use and consumption of any Prize.
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, codes and release documents or for any problems or failures. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, other epidemics or medical emergencies, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or cause it to not comply with any applicable law having jurisdiction over Sponsor, then, subject to regulatory approval when required, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes without notice.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules or tampering with the Sweepstakes process. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to participate. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is in violation of criminal and civil laws and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All decisions of Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. Each Prize is non-transferable.
- All entries become the property of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. and will not be returned.
- This Sweepstakes and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
- These Official Rules are available at https://www.monsterenergycontests.com/halogiveaway
- For Quebec Residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
- For residents of all provinces, excepting Quebec: All disputes, disagreements, controversies, questions or claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, with respect to its execution, validity, application, interpretation, performance, breach, termination or enforcement (“Disputes”), shall be (a) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (b) shall be determined by a sole Arbitrator (the “Arbitrator”) under the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Ontario) (the “Act”). The resolution of Disputes pursuant to this section shall be final and binding upon the parties, and there shall be no appeal therefrom, including, without limitation, any appeal to a court on a question of law, a question of fact or a question of mixed fact and law. In addition: (a) section 7(2) of the Act will not apply to the arbitration; (b) unless the parties otherwise agree, the Arbitrator will be appointed by a judge of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario on the application of any party on notice to all the other parties. No individual shall be appointed as Arbitrator unless he or she agrees in writing to be bound by the provisions of this Article; (c) the arbitration shall take place in the City of Toronto unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties; (d) subject to the Act, the Arbitrator may conduct the arbitration in the manner the Arbitrator considers appropriate; (e) the language to be used in the arbitration shall be English; (f) within seven (7) calendar days after appointment the arbitrator shall set the hearing date, which shall be within ninety (90) calendar days after the filing date of the demand for arbitration unless a later date is required for a good cause shown. The parties agree to a mutual exchange of relevant documents and the taking of up to a maximum of five (5) depositions by each party to last no more than two (2) calendar days in aggregate for each party; (g) the parties desire that any Dispute should be conducted in strict confidence and that there shall be no disclosure to any person of the existence of the Dispute or any aspect of the Dispute except as is necessary for the resolution of the Dispute; and (h) the Arbitrator shall have the right to determine all questions of law and jurisdiction, including questions as to whether a claim is arbitral, and shall have the right to grant legal and equitable relief including injunctive relief and the right to grant permanent and interim injunctive relief, and final and interim damages awards. The Arbitrator shall also have the discretion to award costs, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, reasonable expert's fees and expenses, reasonable witnesses' fees and expenses pre-award and post-award interest and costs of the arbitration.
- The Claw Icon and all MONSTER ENERGY trademarks are owned by Monster Energy Company and/or its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies. Other trademarks appearing are the property of their respective owners.
Halo Infinite - ESRB Rating Pending: May contain content inappropriate for children. Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
Halo 5 - Guardians delivers epic multiplayer experiences that span multiple modes, full-featured level building tools, and a new chapter in the Master Chief saga. And now with Xbox One X, players can experience enhanced visuals, up to 4K resolution, increased visual details, and improved graphic fidelity that makes the game look better than ever before, all while maintaining a consistent 60FPS for the smoothest gameplay possible.
EPIC CAMPAIGN The Master Chief saga continues, with solo and up to 4-player cooperative experience that spans three worlds. A mysterious and unstoppable force threatens the galaxy. The Spartans of Fireteam Osiris and Blue Team must embark on a journey that will change the course of history and the future of mankind.
WARZONE MULTIPLAYER Play with friends and compete against rivals in three massive multiplayer modes new to the Halo franchise: Warzone, Warzone Assault, and Warzone Firefight.
- WARZONE is a massive-scale multiplayer mode that supports 24-player battles with both friendly and enemy AI constantly dropping in to mix up the experience.
- In WARZONE ASSAULT, it’s 24-player attack-and-defend with the attacking team looking to overrun strategic objectives while the opposing force works to stop the onslaught.
- WARZONE FIREFIGHT is an ambitious new multiplayer experience that delivers the biggest Halo cooperative experience in franchise history. Up to eight players work together to complete five rounds of increasingly difficult, dynamic objectives set against a timer to emerge victorious.
ARENA MULTIPLAYER Halo 5’s Arena multiplayer continues the established franchise legacy of pure, skill-based 4v4 competitive combat. Multiple Arena modes provide endless ways to play and compete, from classic Slayer and Capture The Flag modes, to popular social modes like Infection, Grifball, and the all-new Super Fiesta.
FORGE For years, Halo’s Forge mode has empowered Halo fans to create new maps and game modes that have changed the way people play and experience Halo. Download new levels from the Forge community created on either Windows (using “Halo 5: Forge” for Windows 10) or Xbox One. Customize existing maps or create your own from scratch. Browse, find, and play an endless array of custom games created and hosted by the community.
For use only with Xbox One™ systems. Game disc and up to 60 GB storage required. Additional storage, hardware, and Xbox Live® may be required for setup, some updates and features, including retention of some gameplay settings and information. See xbox.com/xboxone/gettingstarted. Storage requirements subject to change. Features, system and storage requirements may change without notice. See halowaypoint.com/halo5legal for speciﬁcations. Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission, public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy protection is strictly prohibited.