MONSTER ENERGY CANADA LTD.
”Post-secondary Monster Energy® Music Gift Card Sweepstakes”
- “The “Post-secondary Monster Energy® Music Gift Card Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (i.e. parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. (“Monster”), Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (“Live Nation”), the Sweepstakes administrator: Streetmeet Inc. o/a Unoapp & Digital Menubox (“UNOapp”), the fulfillment agency: LPi Group, and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
- Sponsor: Monster Energy Canada Ltd.
Administrator: Streetmeet Inc. o/a Unoapp & Digital Menubox
Agreement to Official Rules
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to, and accepts, these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET"), on March 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM ET, on April 30, 2020 (collectively the "Promotion Period"). UNOapp’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes. UNOapp is located at 670 Caledonia Rd., 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M6E 4V9.
How to Enter
- No Purchase Necessary. To enter, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Text “100LNGC” to 87878 to receive a Sweepstakes link. Regular text messaging rates, airtime, data, and carrier charges may apply;
Step 2: Fill in the required fields and accept the UNOapp terms and conditions. Sweepstakes entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Sponsor and UNOapp for the purposes of the Sweepstakes via text message to complete their entry;
Step 3: When the “scratch here” screen appears, move your finger across the screen to see if you are a potential Daily Prize winner (subject to correctly answering a skill-testing question);
Step 4: Winners will receive a text message if they have won.
- Regular text messaging rates, airtime, data, and carrier charges may apply; no other costs or other obligation will be incurred, by entering the Sweepstakes. The complete official rules can be found at: https://www.monsterenergy.com/. Sweepstakes entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Monster for the purposes of the Sweepstakes via text message to complete their entry.
- All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Entries which are incomplete, late, lost, irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are void and will not be eligible or accepted at the time of the draw. Only one (1) entry per mobile phone number, per day. Only one (1) mobile phone number may be used by any one person to participate in this Sweepstakes. Any personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of administering this Sweepstakes only.
- Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means. The potential winner will be identified as the authorized account holder of the phone number used to enter the Sweepstakes.
- There are sixty-one (61) “Daily Prizes” available to be won. One (1) for each day of the contest duration. Each Daily Prize consists of: one (1) Live Nation gift card valued at $100.00 CAD per prize. Terms and conditions of Live Nation gift cards in effect. Use the Live Nation gift card to purchase concert tickets online.
For all ticket prizes: Tickets are subject to availability, venue capacity, artist and age restrictions. Tickets to a particular concert are not guaranteed. Parking, travel and accommodations not included and are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Winner and guest must abide by all venue policies. Live Nation reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it and/or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, and/or may bring Live Nation into disrepute. Resale of tickets is prohibited.
From time to time herein, the Daily Prizes may be individually referred to as a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”.
- Prize suppliers are independent parties over which Monster does not exercise any control. Monster is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers nor does it assume responsibility for any warranty, claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to any prize winner.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and may not be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash value. In case of the unavailability of any prize, Monster reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) Prize per household.
- If you are the first to scratch the “scratch here” screen at a randomly selected winning moment during each day of the Promotion Period, as determined and verified by Sponsor’s SMS provider, UNOapp, or if no one sratches the “scratch here” screen at such moment, and you are the first to scratch the “scratch here” screen immediately after such moment, as determined and verified by the Sponsor, always subject to correctly answering a skill-testing question, you will get a notice you won a Prize.
- The odds of winning a Daily Prize in this Sweepstakes depends on the total number of valid entries received each day during the Promotion Period.
Requirements of Potential Winner
- To be declared a potential Prize winner, the selected entrant who is eligible for a Prize will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise), a mathematical skill-testing question. Selected entrants will be contacted by email after scratching a winning message. If the selected entrant does not respond within two (2) business days, or if such selected entrant fails to agree to a declaration and release form within the alotted time, or if he or she does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, his or her entry will be forfeited and the prize may not be awarded.
- As a condition of winning and accepting receipt of any prize, prize winners shall agree to a declaration and release, in the form requested by Sponsor, confirming compliance with the Sweepstakes Official Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, and releasing Sponsor and all the Sweepstakes Entities.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and with the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator as they relate thereto.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, each Prize winner agrees to a Declaration, as described above. In addition, each Prize winner agrees to the use of his/her name, place of residence and image in any publicity carried out by Sponsor without compensation.
- By accepting the Prize in connection with this Sweepstakes, Prize winners must agree to release, remise and forever discharge Sponsor, its parent, participating retailers, and all affiliates thereof from any claims, liabilities or damages incurred in connection with the delivery, installation, use and consumption of a Prize.
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, codes and release documents or for any problems or failures. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or cause it to not comply with any applicable law having jurisdiction over Sponsor, then, subject to regulatory approval when required, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes without notice.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules or tampering with the Sweepstakes process. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to participate. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is in violation of criminal and civil laws and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All decisions of Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. Each Prize is non-transferable.
- All entries become the property of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. and will not be returned.
- This Sweepstakes and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
- These Official Rules are available at https://www.monsterenergy.com
- For Quebec Residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
- For residents of all provinces, excepting Quebec: All disputes, disagreements, controversies, questions or claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, with respect to its execution, validity, application, interpretation, performance, breach, termination or enforcement (“Disputes”), shall be (a) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (b) shall be determined by a sole Arbitrator (the “Arbitrator”) under the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Ontario) (the “Act”). The resolution of Disputes pursuant to this section shall be final and binding upon the parties, and there shall be no appeal therefrom, including, without limitation, any appeal to a court on a question of law, a question of fact or a question of mixed fact and law. In addition: (a) section 7(2) of the Act will not apply to the arbitration; (b) unless the parties otherwise agree, the Arbitrator will be appointed by a judge of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario on the application of any party on notice to all the other parties. No individual shall be appointed as Arbitrator unless he or she agrees in writing to be bound by the provisions of this Article; (c) the arbitration shall take place in the City of Toronto unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties; (d) subject to the Act, the Arbitrator may conduct the arbitration in the manner the Arbitrator considers appropriate; (e) the language to be used in the arbitration shall be English; (f) within seven (7) calendar days after appointment the arbitrator shall set the hearing date, which shall be within ninety (90) calendar days after the filing date of the demand for arbitration unless a later date is required for a good cause shown. The parties agree to a mutual exchange of relevant documents and the taking of up to a maximum of five (5) depositions by each party to last no more than two (2) calendar days in aggregate for each party; (g) the parties desire that any Dispute should be conducted in strict confidence and that there shall be no disclosure to any person of the existence of the Dispute or any aspect of the Dispute except as is necessary for the resolution of the Dispute; and (h) the Arbitrator shall have the right to determine all questions of law and jurisdiction, including questions as to whether a claim is arbitral, and shall have the right to grant legal and equitable relief including injunctive relief and the right to grant permanent and interim injunctive relief, and final and interim damages awards. The Arbitrator shall also have the discretion to award costs, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, reasonable expert's fees and expenses, reasonable witnesses' fees and expenses pre-award and post-award interest and costs of the arbitration.
- The Claw Icon and all MONSTER ENERGY trademarks are owned by Monster Energy Company and/or its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies. Other trademarks appearing are the property of their respective owners.
Live Nation is not a sponsor of this Contest and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of entrants or the fulfillment of Prizes. All inquiries regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor and not to Live Nation. Live Nation is a registered trademark of Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.
Mini Rules (POS COPY):
†No Purchase Necessary. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Regular text messaging and data rates apply. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached age majority or older at time of entry. For complete details and official rules visit https://www.monsterenergy.com/. Sweepstakes begins on 03/01/20 at 12:01AM ET and ends on 04/30/20 at 11:59PM ET. There are 61 Daily Prizes, consisting of a $100 Live Nation Gift Card. Skill-testing question required. Odds of winning a Daily Prize in this Sweepstakes depends on the total number of valid entries received each day during the Promotion Period. Only 1 entry per mobile phone number, per day. Limit 1 Prize per household.
Mini mini rules for small POS:
†NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Reg text messages/data rates apply. Open to legal residents of Canada, age of majority+. Official rules visit https://www.monsterenergy.com/. Begins 3/1/20 at 12:01AM ET, ends 4/30/20 at 11:59PM ET. 61 Daily Prizes: a $100 Live Nation Gift Card. Skill-testing question required. Odds of winning a Daily Prize in this Sweepstakes depends on the total number of valid entries received each day during the Promotion Period.