The grand prize winner and his/her one (1) guest will win a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada, USA; and two (2) tickets to the UFC event on New Years Eve; plus five hundred Canadian dollars in spending money ($500.00 CAD).
There are 50 first place prizes of UFC.TV PPV codes.
submit entries from May 01 2018 to August 31 2018
MONSTER ENERGY CANADA LTD.
”VIP UFC NEW YEAR’S EVE EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES”
1. The “VIP UFC New Year’s Eve Experience Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to all residents of Canada, who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age, at the time of entry and possess a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity from beginning of trip, except employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. (“Monster” or “Sponsor”), Zuffa, LLC, the Sweepstakes administrator: LPi Communications Group (“LPi”), and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
How to Enter
2. No Purchase Necessary. Only one (1) entry per person.
3. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the period beginning at 00:00:01 AM Pacific Time (PT) on May 1, 2018 and ending at 11:59:59 PM PT on August 31, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Closing Time”), visit https://www.monsterenergy/VegasNYE, click on the “Enter Promotion” link for the “VIP UFC New Year’s Eve Experience Sweepstakes” promotion and complete the on-line registration by providing the following information: first name; last name; home address; valid email address; date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY); and daytime telephone number including area code (XXX-XXX-XXXX). Monster's computer is the official timekeeping device for entry in the Sweepstakes. Normal time and data rates, if any, charged by the entrants' Internet service or mobile provider will apply.
4. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
5. All entries must be received no later than the Sweepstakes Closing Time. Entries, which are incomplete, late, lost, irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are void and will not be eligible or accepted at the time of the draw. Sweepstakes entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Monster for the purposes of conducting the Sweepstakes.
6. Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means.
7. Grand Prize: There is one (1) “Grand Prize” available to be won. The Grand Prize includes: (a) round-trip, economy class airfare tickets for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her one (1) guest from a major airport near the Winner's residence (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Las Vegas, Nevada, USA; (b) four (4) nights’ standard hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy); (c) two (2) tickets to the UFC event on New Years Eve; and (d) five hundred Canadian dollars in spending money ($500.00 CAD). The trip dates are to be determined, but approximately December 29, 2018 to January 2, 2019. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is seven thousand five hundred Canadian dollars ($7,500.00 CAD). The ARV of the Grand Prize may vary depending on the Grand Prize Winner's residence, market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons. Sponsor is not responsible for, and the Grand Prize Winner will not receive, the difference between the actual value of the Grand Prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials. Specific travel arrangements and all prize details not specified herein will be made and determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. It is the Grand Prize Winner’s, and his/her guest’s, sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (government issued passport) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a credit card at time of accommodation check-in to cover incidentals. Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be the age of twenty-one (21) years or older at time of Sweepstakes start.
First Prizes: Fifty (50) First Prizes are available to be won. Each “First Prize” is one (1) Pay per View code to watch the UFC New Year’s Eve event. The ARV of each First Prize is $65.00 CAD.
From time to time herein, the Grand Prize and the First Prizes may be collectively referred to as, the “Prizes”, and individually as, a “Prize”.
Prize suppliers are independent parties over which Monster does not exercise any control. Monster is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers nor does it assume responsibility for any warranty, claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to any prize winner or guest.
8. A random draw from all eligible entries will be made by Sponsor's fulfillment agency, LPi, located at #101, 253-62 Avenue, SE, Calgary, AB T2H 0R5, on September 4, 2018 at approximately 3:00 PM PT. The odds of winning are determined by the total number of valid entries received within the designated promotional period.
How to Win
9. To be declared a Sweepstakes winner, the selected entrant who is eligible for a Prize will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question by email, or telephone at a predetermined mutually convenient time. Following the draw described herein, selected entrants will be contacted by email and/or by telephone at the information provided by the entrant. If the selected entrant cannot be reached personally without leaving a message by telephone within two (2) business days of the first phone call made, and after a second unsuccessful attempt by a Sponsor representative, and if such selected entrant fails to execute and return a declaration and release form within five (5) business days from the date of receipt thereof, his or her entry will be forfeited and the next selected entrant drawn will be contacted. Such process may be repeated once, after which the Prize may not awarded. No communication or correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants.
10. The Prizes will be delivered to the prize winner at the prize winner's address as identified on the method of entry.
11. As a condition of winning and accepting delivery of a Prize, each Sweepstakes winner, and their guest if applicable, shall sign a declaration and release, in the form requested by Sponsor, confirming compliance with the Sweepstakes rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, and releasing all the Sweepstakes Entities.
14. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and with the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities as they relate thereto.
15. By entering the Sweepstakes, the winners agree to sign a standard form of declaration and release as described in section 11. In addition, each winner agrees to the use of his/her name, place of residence and image in any publicity carried out by the Sweepstakes Entities without compensation.
16. By accepting a Prize in connection with this Sweepstakes, Prize winners agree to release, remise and forever discharge the Sweepstakes Entities, their parent, and all affiliates thereof from any claims, liabilities or damages incurred in connection with the delivery, installation, use and consumption of the Prizes.
17. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries and release documents or for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any network lines, computer online systems, telephone, hardware, software, server, providers, e-mail, player, browser or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry) howsoever caused. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants’ computer or any other computer, related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or cause it to not comply with any applicable law having jurisdiction over the Sweepstakes Entities, then, subject to regulatory approval when required, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes without notice.
18. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who they find to be in violation of these Sweepstakes rules or tampering with the Sweepstakes process and they reserve the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to participate. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is in violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. All decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects. All Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes are non-transferable.
20. All entries become the property of the Sweepstakes Entities and will not be returned.
21. This Sweepstakes and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada
22. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
23. For residents of all provinces, excepting Quebec, all disputes, disagreements, controversies, questions or claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, with respect to its execution, validity, application, interpretation, performance, breach, termination or enforcement (“Disputes”), shall be (a) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (b) shall be determined by a sole Arbitrator (the “Arbitrator”) under the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Ontario) (the “Act”). The resolution of Disputes pursuant to this section shall be final and binding upon the parties, and there shall be no appeal therefrom, including, without limitation, any appeal to a court on a question of law, a question of fact or a question of mixed fact and law. In addition: (a) section 7(2) of the Act will not apply to the arbitration; (b) unless the parties otherwise agree, the Arbitrator will be appointed by a judge of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario on the application of any party on notice to all the other parties. No individual shall be appointed as Arbitrator unless he or she agrees in writing to be bound by the provisions of this Article; (c) the arbitration shall take place in the City of Toronto unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties; (d) subject to the Act, the Arbitrator may conduct the arbitration in the manner the Arbitrator considers appropriate; (e) the language to be used in the arbitration shall be English; (f) within seven (7) calendar days after appointment the arbitrator shall set the hearing date, which shall be within ninety (90) calendar days after the filing date of the demand for arbitration unless a later date is required for a good cause shown. The parties agree to a mutual exchange of relevant documents and the taking of up to a maximum of five (5) depositions by each party to last no more than two (2) calendar days in aggregate for each party; (g) the parties desire that any Dispute should be conducted in strict confidence and that there shall be no disclosure to any person of the existence of the Dispute or any aspect of the Dispute except as is necessary for the resolution of the Dispute; and (h) the Arbitrator shall have the right to determine all questions of law and jurisdiction, including questions as to whether a claim is arbitral, and shall have the right to grant legal and equitable relief including injunctive relief and the right to grant permanent and interim injunctive relief, and final and interim damages awards. The Arbitrator shall also have the discretion to award costs, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, reasonable expert's fees and expenses, reasonable witnesses' fees and expenses pre-award and post-award interest and costs of the arbitration.
24. The Official Rules are available on-line at https://www.monsterenergy/VegasNYE
25. For residents of Quebec only. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prizes may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
26. The Claw Icon and all MONSTER ENERGY trademarks are owned by Monster Energy Company. Other trademarks appearing are the property of their respective owners.